Views: 3702|Replies: 6

Anyone familar with this kind of Disposable Paper Thermometer? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-28 16:03:20 |Display all floors
1. Place thermometer under tongue as far back as possible with dots facing either up or down
将体温计尽量塞入舌头下方,圆点朝上或朝下均可。
2. Visitor should press tongue down on thermometer and keep mouth closed for at least 60 seconds
受测人应用舌头压住体温计,保持嘴唇闭合至少60秒。
3. Remove thermometer. Some dots may disappear as device locks in for accuracy
取出体温计。??
4. Read the last colored dot; ignore any skipped dot
读取最后一个变色圆点对应的数值,中间不连续的圆点可忽略。

The red part is difficult for me. Thanks for any hint!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-28 16:49:08 |Display all floors
Wow, that is hard.

The picture might help. I'll see if I can explain it. mobile:

You read the last dot to get the temperature.

When you remove the thermometer, wait 10 seconds. Some dots might disappear during those 10 seconds. During that time, the thermometer is zeroing in on (getting closer to) the accurate temperature. It is becoming more accurate. It "locks in" in the sense that, after 10 seconds, the temperature is "set" (no more dots will disappear).
Tempa-DOT.png
中文我不会读也不会写。Really, I don't.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-28 17:02:38 |Display all floors

based on Jeff's picture

为了准确,温度不均匀,所以在每个温度上由一排多个点来表示,由于取出后可能周围温度也不同,在特定的时间内会使某个温度行上的一些点消失(温度下降),而过了这段时间,就'定了',最终的测量到的体温度是最后下方(低温)的一个有色点(无论点数多少)所在的温度行

[ Last edited by hly2008 at 2006-12-28 05:06 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-28 17:12:56 |Display all floors
I think hly got it! Thanks so much, hly! You always help me out! :)

I think you explained "locks in for accuracy" → "zeroes in (targets in) as it becomes more accurate" → "is set as it becomes more accurate."

I don't get why the temperature for the first one is 37.0º and not 37.1º but I guess that isn't important.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-28 17:21:00 |Display all floors
Thank you, Jeff, I think it would be much more difficult for me to figure it out without your explanation and illustration.

Best wishes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-28 17:29:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by hly2008 at 2006-12-28 01:21 AM
Thank you, Jeff, I think it would be much more difficult for me to figure it out without your explanation and illustration.
Best wishes.

Impossible, really, at least for me. I had to see that picture to understand the idea. Thanks!

Let's hope it helps mobile—who, judging from his picture, has some experience with "disappearing dots"!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-29 08:46:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jeff_in_sf at 2006-12-28 17:12
II don't get why the temperature for the first one is 37.0º and not 37.1º but I guess that isn't important

thank you, Jeff and hly!! I got it too!

to Jeff:
I think the pic is right. The first dot stands for 37.0º, the last for 37.9º, totally 10 dots :)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.