Author: funky_dunc

What do Chinese think about Scotland/the Scots? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-26 20:53:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by funky_dunc
Saying Scottish and English are the same, as projecka did, is just ignorance.  We have our own culture, laws, religion and education sytem, all of which developed differently to their equivalents in England.  Just as in China Tibetans, Mongolian, Uighers and others lead quite seperate lives to the Han, so to do the Scots in the UK.

Seriously, you need to go back and reread my post.  In case you didn't know, I was using sarcasm.  Yes, I am ignorant to a certain degree, but at least I know there is a difference between English and Scots, Japanese and Chinese.
Individuality: Always Remember That You Are Unique.  Just Like Everybody Else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-26 22:20:52 |Display all floors
mmmmm....
All that I can tell is I have no idea,,,
I know so little....
sorry....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-27 12:29:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lotus_flower at 2007-2-23 15:48

I noticed Scotland after watching the moving movie <Brave heart>. And I do want to go on a visit there as well as England. I think the scenery in Scotland is very special and pure, nice a ...

Actually, much of the film 'Braveheart' was filmed in Ireland.
Individuality: Always Remember That You Are Unique.  Just Like Everybody Else.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.