Views: 18151|Replies: 30

What do Chinese think about Scotland/the Scots? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-23 18:35:59 |Display all floors
Please don't reply to this using the word skirts to describe kilts.

[ Last edited by funky_dunc at 2006-12-23 06:38 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-23 21:39:01 |Display all floors
Generally they dont know much about Scotland and can't distinguisch it from England.

Except those who have watched The Brave Heart perhaps.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-23 21:55:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xieyang at 23-12-2006 01:39 PM
Except those who have watched The Brave Heart perhaps.

Braveheart: filmed in Ireland
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-24 03:35:45 |Display all floors
And it's ----e.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-25 17:53:01 |Display all floors
I didn't even think of kilts...cause I think talking about kilt has nothing to do with your topic----that kilt is what you know about scotland not what you think about...

well I'd say.....I don't think good about it cause funky_dunc you're scot as I know, and I don't like your post much so I don't like scotland much....
umm....j/k

maybe......

Actually I don't have feelings thoughts or comments to certain countries or areas in general, except very few countries which I feel an affinity to.

So for my part, scotland, england, wales wherever they don't mean a lot to me....and they seem the same when I don't think much about them....well might be that I'm not very interested in Britain as a whole...a few bands there I like but they belonged to last century, when talking about Britain I tend to think of no-big-personality, nothing very special and nothing very intriguing to me....that's all. :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-27 16:20:41 |Display all floors
It sound like it iseparate from UK,.I alwasy think its culture instresting,very different from China.
and its kilt , clarinet ,Scotland songs are famouse.I feel it is not modernized,but  when you were there,you would like their customs and scenery
happy new year,Cheers!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-29 20:03:27 |Display all floors
Not modernised!   We were the first industrial country and acheived 'developed' status in the 1920s!

Scots invented television, the telephone, antibiotics, anesthetics, pneumatic tyers, golf and modern economics.  

I think that opinion needs to be corrected

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.