Views: 5332|Replies: 6

The Weiqi or Go game, is it popular in China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-23 07:23:15 |Display all floors
Recently I learned to play the boardgame Weiqi (in pinyin) or Go, really a fascinating game! The strategy goes so deep, I find the game more interesting than chess. I wonder, is it a popular game in China?

By the way if you want to learn this game, I would recommend this website: <http://playgo.to/interactive> It uses interactive java applets to teach the rules of the game and lets you practise some situations.

And if someone wants to play a game of Weiqi / Go with me, we can do it online (at yahoogames for example). I'm only a beginner (maybe 10 or 8 kyu) but it could be a lot of fun :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-26 13:29:42 |Display all floors
I think it is very popular especially among youngsters.
Playing a game of Go is really fun and you can get fully invovled in a metal tranquility. It is good to  better  your temper if yours is too pepper

[ Last edited by watertree at 2006-12-26 01:31 PM ]
I like to be here, to be with you, to sense your presence all the time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-29 02:06:02 |Display all floors
The best GO players are in China, South Karea, and Japan. Japan used to have the best players, then South Karea became the best near the end of last century. Now China is becoming the strongest. Really fantastic game.
I like to be here, to be with you, to sense your presence all the time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-29 22:03:24 |Display all floors
Hi , pendragon
  You like Go game, ther is a Japanese Cartoon called the Soul of Go, it is about the Go game
what an interesting game you can found in the cartoon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-30 14:21:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by watertree at 2006-12-26 13:29
I think it is very popular especially among youngsters.
Playing a game of Go is really fun and you can get fully invovled in a metal tranquility. It is good to  better  your temper if yours is too ...

Right! :)
I like it. But I don't play it in a long distance.
And now it is popular that playing the game in internet.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-7 21:10:21 |Display all floors
Hi, thanks for the information :)

If someone wants to play a game with me online, tell me

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-9 00:13:30 |Display all floors
you know in China, there used to be four arts called "Qin, Qi, Shu, Hua" (respectively: a Chinese ancient musical instrument, I-go, calligraphy, and traditional Chinese drawing). Ability on these was some kind of standard for art talents, and people good at these were highly respected.
So the game of go is surely a popular game in China, and it's one of the quintessence.
pity that I don't know how to play...
Wanna change my avatar...
Why always showing "PRADA"?!!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.