Author: jocelynwong

Is it stereotyping to say foreign men marry chinese young girls? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-24 16:35:46 |Display all floors
something in the world cant try... u hope i will be...
2006914223050222.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-24 16:37:36 |Display all floors
Isn't the Nobel Prize winner Yang Zhen Ning Chinese?  Yes, a rhetorical question.  But, I believe he is a quite elderly gentleman married with a young woman old enough to be his granddaughter.  How do you explain this?
Individuality: Always Remember That You Are Unique.  Just Like Everybody Else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-24 16:38:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by canada_man at 2006-12-23 08:44
By saying, "older foreign men marry young chinese girls" is making an assumption. Without the statistics to prove it, we are making an assumption and assumptions are usually wrong if no f ...

yea, i do agree that Chinese woman are a lot better than Canadian women. When I was in Canada, I saw a lady sue her husband for not paying a car she was currently using when they divorce, and the reason why they get divorce is coz that lady felt in love with another guy after one yr of marriage! It will never happen to a Chinese woman.

So according to ur description, ur wife is no longer desirable to Chinese men, so even the age is so different, she has nothing to complain?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-24 16:41:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by projeka at 2006-12-24 16:37
Isn't the Nobel Prize winner Yang Zhen Ning Chinese?  Yes, a rhetorical question.  But, I believe he is a quite elderly gentleman married with a young woman old enough to be his granddaughter.  How ...

that don't make people stereotyping Chinese like "old Chinese marry young girls" coz that's not usually the case.  I don't doubt ppl marry with true love tho....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-24 16:53:48 |Display all floors
But, I think it's a phenomenon that happens around the world... older men wanting to marry young women.  What's wrong with that?  In any case, there are many older Chinese gentleman who are married, but who keep young mistresses.
Individuality: Always Remember That You Are Unique.  Just Like Everybody Else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-24 16:55:52 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-26 13:20:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by projeka at 2006-12-24 16:53
But, I think it's a phenomenon that happens around the world... older men wanting to marry young women.  What's wrong with that?  In any case, there are many older Chinese gentleman who are married ...

Can you AFFORD IT????
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.