Author: jocelynwong

Is it stereotyping to say foreign men marry chinese young girls? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-22 23:06:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jocelynwong at 2006-12-22 22:53

wut if after 20 yrs they r stl alive? will they divorce and marry another age 20?

Some young men can't even get one here, they hate it. So ask the old ones to leave the chance to those youngsters.....
Boating on the Houhai River...在后海泛舟...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-22 23:08:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by imrita at 2006-12-22 23:05

I think that would be possible

Saying is easier than doing OMG!
Boating on the Houhai River...在后海泛舟...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-23 00:08:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jocelynwong at 2006-12-22 21:29
I don't wanna have comment on them.... but I jst wonder, would those girls marry someone the same age if they are Chinese.... and would those foreigner stl keep their wife when she gets old....

I believe those "old" men would have all dead before their "young" wives become "old".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-23 00:18:01 |Display all floors
Bird ,How are your things going?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-23 00:57:56 |Display all floors
I believe the main problem isn't race, it is about wealth/money. I don't doubt these girls would go out with Chinese men who are in their 40s-50s if they are rich. I think these girls assume Americans/Whites to be wealthy or atleast above their financial status.
In college alone and I am loving it. ^^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-23 06:21:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jocelynwong at 2006-12-22 23:51
I keep seeing foreign men age 40-50 marry chinese girls age 20 sth, almost the same age as their daughters... anyone here doesn't?

it is just stupid...shall never do that .. because your life just starts..and his is almost end....it just doesnt match..even though if both parties love each other trully..it doesnt work out ..because hes gonna die much earlier than her ...so...no need to suffer the pain later on...
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-23 08:44:58 |Display all floors

I went fishing in China and I caught a beauty!

By saying, "older foreign men marry young chinese girls" is making an assumption. Without the statistics to prove it, we are making an assumption and assumptions are usually wrong if no facts are available to back them up.

This is my opinion and I am a 55 year old foreign man married to a 33 year old chinese women. First of all, if a smart man is going to go fishing, he is going to go fishing where most of the best fish are. The population of China is 1.3 billion and the population of North America is 515 million. This is a "no brainer". Go figure. Where would you go fishing?

Getting married is easy enough to do but if the age difference is to great, I think this couple would have difficulty immigrating to either country.

If I had married a 20 year old Chinese woman, I think my government would certainly view this as a "marriage of convenience" for the women and no immigration visa would be offered to her. What's the point of the marriage if the couple cannot be together?

Also, consider this: if the younger Chinese womn is divorced with a child, she is not desirable as a wife to many Chinese men.

Based on my own personal expereince, the qualities of a "good" Chinese woman far exceed North American woman. Even if the marriage does not work out and yes, I will die before my wife, this will still be a "win win" for her. She has nothing to lose. What would you do?
I went fishing in China and I caught a beauty! We love each other equally.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.