Author: whirlingone

(original works)Can you hear the falling leaves? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-29 20:22:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by qinger at 2006-12-29 16:34

(hi, i love this passage.)

i was so impressed by the writer's sensetive feeling and so touched by  that sound of falling leave which was so sweet,  letting me to think about another kind of  ...

Yours is much better. Thank you. I will review your corrections often.
By the way, are you a native English speaker?

[ Last edited by whirlingone at 2006-12-29 08:27 PM ]
Boating on the Houhai River...在后海泛舟...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-29 23:04:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by huang262 at 2006-12-27 20:43
It was sad to see her so disappointed.

'fidget '---I can't think of a right word. Uneasiness or restlessness perhaps?

Written by a Russian a long time ago. Written and wri ...

I looked up the dictionary and found the word 'susurrate', it might not be commonly used. Thank you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-29 23:04:29 |Display all floors
Thank you everybody for reading.:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-30 12:39:14 |Display all floors
So you use 'electronic apparatus' instead of 'electronical apparatus'. I haven't been able to tell the difference between 'electronical' and 'electonic'. Would you give me some examples. Thank you for your help.

personal view only:
i guess it's preferable to use "electronic equipments(devices)" when we say 电子设备(仪器) instead of "electonical equipments(devices)".
电子设备包括电子终端(比如自动取款机),计算机,电话,和任何其他用来进行交易的设备。
Electronic Equipment includes electronic terminals (such as ATM ), computer, telephone, and any other equipment used for effecting Transactions.

液晶显示器:用于手表、计算器、笔记型计算机及其它电子设备的光电装置。
"Liquid crystal display (LCD): Optoelectronic device used in displays for watches, calculators, notebook computers, and other electronic devices."

在某些场所中为避免电磁干扰或兼容冲突,请按该场所提示要求,关闭您的电子设备。
To avoid electromagnetic interference and/or compatibility conflicts, turn off your device in any facility where posted notices instruct you to do so.

Thank you for your letter of June 28 inviting our corporation to participate in the 2000 International Fair. We are very pleased to accept and will plan to display our electrical appliances as we did in previous years.

电子设备维修员
Electronic Equipment Repairer

电子设备委员会(飞机工业协会)
EEC=Electronic Equipment Committee (Aircraft Industries Association)

[ Last edited by qinger at 2006-12-30 12:52 PM ]
私は花の子です。名前はルンルンです。。。。。。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-30 13:10:03 |Display all floors
qinger
i was so impressed by the writer's sensetive feeling and so touched by  that sound of falling leave which was so sweet,  letting me to think about another kind of sound in the world ---the whisper of love. in a same surprisingly silent autumn night in a little village, a boy and a girl sit side by side under a tall maple tree. stars shining above in the clear sky,  they look into each other's eyes, nothing to be said. dancing in the air, the maple leaves whisper the endless story of love ......

clear--> i guess the word "velvet" is much better than "clear" in this case describing the night sky.
私は花の子です。名前はルンルンです。。。。。。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-30 13:21:28 |Display all floors
qinger
basically the sound in cities comes from various sources such as automobile, construcion sites, electronic apparatus. these kinds of noise make us nervous and  fidgety, at the same time, hurt our hearing. how can we hear that rustling sound of falling leaves? overwhelming by city noises, we even lose the passion trying to hear it.

as city noises so overwhelming, how can we hear that rustling sound of falling leaves? we have even become insensible to the rhythm of nature.

[ Last edited by qinger at 2006-12-30 01:24 PM ]
私は花の子です。名前はルンルンです。。。。。。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-30 13:47:16 |Display all floors
a biautiful essay

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.