Author: whirlingone

How many of us write blog? What do you think of writing blog? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-19 21:02:21 |Display all floors
Blogs are great......getting sacked because of what you write is supid......Blogs are an opportunity to express yourself it does not matter who reads it.  Sometimes its easier to express thoughts ina  blog rather than in conversation.
a dream is only a dream because you have not made it reality yet

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-20 12:02:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mark069 at 2006-12-18 06:18

Blogs are dangerous! There have been several cases of people getting fired by their employers for stuff they wrote in their blogs (related to the company they work for).

So lay down, bend over, obey and do what you are told. Give up, don't maintain your rights (as if you ever had any). Be quiet, don't make a noise. Go with the flow. Trade liberty for comfort, you traitor.

Of course I maintain a blog. On my blog, I am king. There I can (and do) publish all the texts and pictures that I can't publish here and elsewhere, because nobody can tell me what I can't write. Using that freedom is a privilege, and it is also something that has to be done if the freedom is to remain (and be spread to all places where it isn't).

My best Christmas wishes to all Chinese bloggers; you mean so much to the further development of China and, as a result, to the world. You are part of shaping the new China, stretching the limits, making China more informed, tolerant and enlightened, making China participate more in the local and global villages, making China freer.

One freedom fighter is Li Yinhe (李银河), a sexologist with the Chinese Academy of Sciences. She is blogging about the sexual revolution in China, about the rights of HBT, and the legalization of prostitution. Read her wise posts at http://blog.sina.com.cn/m/liyinhe

And remember:

"Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it." (Abraham Lincoln)

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Abraham Lincoln)

This is as true in China as anywhere. Keep on blogging inthe free world.
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-20 12:08:27 |Display all floors
never like blog...I don't feel comfortable to exhibit  it, feeling like exhibit my diaries to whoever read it...but somewhere I feel comforable I'll write online diaries

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-20 12:27:17 |Display all floors
blog is for the suxxxxxxxxxxor
In college alone and I am loving it. ^^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-20 13:47:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by superkylin at 2006-12-20 12:08
never like blog...I don't feel comfortable to exhibit  it, feeling like exhibit my diaries to whoever read it...but somewhere I feel comforable I'll write online diaries

A blog is not a diary. A blog is your own publishing tool. You can use it to spread your opinions, your thoughts and your suggestions. You no longer need the approval of an editor.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-20 13:50:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cyberspook at 2006-12-18 06:27

why waste your time putting stuff on a blog when you can have your own website, does not make sense to me , at least with your website you can have a restricted area for all your friends, another o ...

This doesn't make sense to me. Of course you can have a blog on any of the many blog communities, which is fine, but what stops you from putting a blog as yet another item on your already existing web site? If you don't like the freeware blog packages that exist, just make your own. I did.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-21 16:46:24 |Display all floors
I used to have a MSN space. It was a on-line home for me. I spent time to decorate it and enrich it. And when there are some replies to my articles, I felt happy and satisfied.
I think writing blogs is one of the ways to express your feelings and attitude towards life, to express your love to mother,father & friends. It is a space for you to think of life when writing something.
I have heard that someone was fired because of  too much exposure of company and job. I think in personal space, of course, you can express your unsatisfaction about the job and company, but should consider who might see these words and the consequences of it. One should express yourself in a smart way, not in a fierce way.
I don't write something bad relating to job, because I think the bad sides of life should be covered up. I write blogs because I want to be optimistic about life. I want to remember happy times and valuable moment that I cherish.
I haven't write anything recently. Not because I don't love blogs any more, but I have to stop and think.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.