Views: 3740|Replies: 2

Simultaneous Interpretation [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-15 17:29:33 |Display all floors
Who is familiar with simultaneous interpretation.I always think it is reachless. If someone take the reins of it,he or she must be a language master. But I want to learn simultaneous interpretation. Who can help me and give me some suggestions? Thanks!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-4 16:26:48 |Display all floors

Insterested

I also wanna join you though i know it is very tough. But I had no idea that whehther there is an expert who can give us advice how to appoach this way! I've been crazy about that. But now i impoved little cause there is small chance for me to take the english skill into practice. I really hope that I can pick it up as quickly as possible.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-4 21:40:58 |Display all floors
I knew some people who did simultaneous interpretation in Canada using French and English. They said they had studied translation in university and routinely went on training courses to keep their skills fresh. Also, they had to constantly read newspapers and magazines to keep up to date on new terminology and slang, because they never know what the speaker will say. Also, they would work in teams. One might interpret for 15 minuets, then switch. They did this because the concentration required was so great.

Apparently people don't last to long in this part of the translation field because the stress is so great. However, if you can get a good position working for the government or the UN... you can make a lot of money.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.