Author: mark069

System Busy - Please Try Again Later ??? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-25 03:43:53 |Display all floors

cestmoi, a response for you (also cross-posted)

You are making a complete mountain out of a molehill. Security guards the world over are (sometimes) jumped-up nobodies that failed either the medical or intelligence tests to enter the Police force. They think they're in charge of their own little neck-of-the-woods, and anyone who talks back to them deserves to be given a good tongue-bashing.

However, to try to use one experience of intolerance/problems/whatever as an indication of what an entire country is like is completely inappropriate. I've seen corruption on Chinese trains by the staff, such as taking extra money to bump people ahead of the queue waiting for bed upgrades. I have even been asked to wait for my upgrade, when I was already at the front, so they can buy the ticket later and pocket the difference - the person in question said it quite openly. So does that mean every single Chinese is corrupt and wants to take a bribe? Does that even mean all Chinese rail staff are corrupt? Of course not. So why should you be able to draw a generalisation about Australians based on your experience?
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-29 00:29:26 |Display all floors
censorship exists in many countries to and from China with many reasons.
fact is, the sites you are using become unaccessible one after another.

hope its  the quake after all...

[ Last edited by knowhoyouare at 2006-12-29 11:13 AM ]
It is NOT power bullying animals can't speak for themselves

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-28 22:39:54 |Display all floors

The problem hasn't gone away

The "error" messages still crop up from time-to-time. Chinadaily aren't very good at being subtle, are they?
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-29 08:16:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mencius at 2007-1-29 00:39
The problem hasn't gone away
The "error" messages still crop up from time-to-time. Chinadaily aren't very good at being subtle, are they?

I was getting that message, when I tried to "comment on this article" , for about 6 months or so.
It only happened on my computer at home, I could post comments from a computer at work.

Now I appear to have been "un-banned" from the comment section, Yay!

While it may be a legitimate error message, it does also appear to be used as a tool to silence some posters.

JB
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.