Author: tmphgt

Say It's Not True [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-13 13:49:02 |Display all floors

Lyrics

That song says "Magic cocktails for lives
People just can't afford"

This implies that it would be good if we gave cheap anti-HIV drugs to poor countries/communities.

But this is NOT a good thing because if these drugs are not taken on time, every time, every day the virus WILL become resistant to them and those drugs will become useless in all countries and many people could die as a result of this.

In many areas of the developing countries the roads and supplies are poor, education is poor, people do not comply (some do not even have a means of knowing the exact time of day), wars can occur, funding or supplies can be stolen by the corrupt - due to these factors patients in these areas are unlikely to be able to take the drugs on time. For this reason it is not a good idea to give cheap anti-HIV drugs to all.

It's not politics, it's not about money, it is biology.

"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-13 17:34:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by whampoa at 12-12-2006 10:24 PM
What precedence, what history and what a record when it comes to cases of murders and murdered prostitutes in "your Majesty", my tmphgt.

Wow, thanks for trashing my thread with your myopic xenophobia and racism ...

Oh well, you just don't learn do you?

Time for that thread to come back - again and again and again if you so wish ...
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-13 20:43:26 |Display all floors

For whampy ...

This is from November 2003 .... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/3273585.stm

Chinese 'serial killer' arrested

Police in China's Hebei province have arrested a man suspected of murdering at least 65 people, local media say.

The man, identified as Yang Zhiya, was apprehended as police inspected an entertainment venue in the northern city of Cangzhou on 3 November.

So, for the benefit of myopic xenophobes, China has serial killers. 65 people is a horrific number.

So, whampoa. instead of continuing your crusade against the West, why don't you clean out your own backyard first? Ooops, I forgot, you are not in China, you don't speak for China ...
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-13 21:17:47 |Display all floors
I was fortunate to see Queen twice 77 and 78 if I remember correctly. (both times in Detroit, a terrific place to see a rock and roll concert)
Queen  were amazing live.
Freddie Mercury was one of the all time great frontmen and showmen.
He is sorely missed.

Aids is a scourge that knows no age, race or sexual preference.

[ Last edited by wowzers at 2006-12-13 09:19 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-13 21:27:20 |Display all floors
the lyric shows the helpless

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-13 21:45:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wowzers at 13-12-2006 01:17 PM
I was fortunate to see Queen twice 77 and 78 if I remember correctly. (both times in Detroit, a terrific place to see a rock and roll concert)
Queen  were amazing live.
Freddie Mercury was one of the all time great frontmen and showmen.
He is sorely missed.

Aids is a scourge that knows no age, race or sexual preference.

Thank you Andrew. You have understood the thread.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-13 21:47:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 13-12-2006 05:35 AM
it is true tmp attack Xxwer!!!

Meow!!!

You should ask fluffy who created her cat avatar ....

Ooops, I fogot, you know nothing

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.