Views: 13659|Replies: 22

Shanghainese, why you are not so international as the city! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-12 15:14:02 |Display all floors
Sample Text

Whenever I met a guy from other city of china in shanghai, the one always consider shanghai locals are stupid and arrogant, shangahainese like to speak shanghai-mandarin instead of common Chinese. They look down up people from other city, but toady to the one from UK, USA, HK or TW.

I should say, shanghai is not the only which has his phenomenon; Beijing and other developed city are included.

Shanghai is developing in a high speed that attracts so many excellent guys. They just occupied shanghaiese’s job opportunity, make the metro and street more crowed, but the economic developing is also come with them. The people come from UK, USA, HK or TW bring money and job opportunity , but the people from other city of china bring the labor fore , shanghai needs both of them,

Frankly speaking, there is a habit in Chinese spirit; it is only think about oneself. Just this habit makes Chinese from big city proud as a peacock. Beijingese think they are the best citizen in china, shanghaiese think they also.

People born in big city go through the period of population explode in their own city, they grow up the emotion. But as shanghai has been a international city in the world, shanghainese should opener, friendlier, more international. Shangahiese have the responsibility to set up the idol to other citizens.

If shanghainines met the one , who are not locals, you should be kind and willing to speak stander Chinese. Then shanghai will be more perfect!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 15:37:27 |Display all floors
I don't know why you draw a such kind of coclusion.

As a local shanghainese, I know there's problems and to some extent,the problems you mentioned such as being not so friendly to  people from other cities do exist.  

But I think this kind of phenomena  has improved a lot in recent years. The prejudice of shanghai people has been existing for long time ,espeically in the internet society .  

....mark

[ Last edited by joylih at 2006-12-12 03:39 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 16:13:14 |Display all floors

I just speak out my feeing

i hope the young gereraion of  shanghaines can change the sitution ,if you are a shanghainese, do not aggree with me , I should say, congratlation!you are a good guy ,keep your style!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 17:50:37 |Display all floors
I do agree with the poster, most of shanghailanders always act arrogantly and consider themselves superior than others, I'm really fed up with that...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-19 20:48:24 |Display all floors
hey you guys, tell why the crime in the shanghai always tends to be convicted by not local people. urh? urh? more internationl more international,  what about someone who can't speak standard mardrin? urh? and you ask them to speak your language, urh? if you are from norteast of China, of course you can speak your standard mardin perfectly, cos there are not too much diferent in the accent. and also tell why people there will look down upon some people,urh? I think I am sick of you this kind of people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-19 20:49:58 |Display all floors
I am drunk, do not take it seriously

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-20 11:46:10 |Display all floors
Shanghainese are pretty snotty. If asked 'how long have you been here?" , I always ask , "China or Shanghai?"
They ALWAYS answer  "Shanghai" in a tone so dismissive of the rest of the country.
Ask the average Shanghainese born University graduate how far they've been from Shanghai and they will often say Hangzhou or Suzhou.
I've had people say stuff about wishing that Shanghai was seperate from the rest of China, or that most of the laowais would leave...or that all the countryside people would leave.
Anytime I complain about peoples behaviour (like drivers for instance) , Shanghainese will be quick to tell me that the idiots are definitely out of towners.
"Finch...stay away from that Ficus! That's a jizz-free Ficus."- Steve Stiffler

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.