Author: pandamonium

Things people ask [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-12 16:18:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pandamonium at 12-11-2006 14:07
I am white and I work in China. People ask me the same questions every day; these questions show the difference between my thinking and the thinking of those people asking the questions. Not all Ch ...

very good pandaman....

i especially like this one:

""
Isn't western culture so shallow?

Answer in my mind "Aren't you comparing European culture over the past 50 years with Chinese culture in the Tang dynasty - if so, yes western culture is shallow.
Answer they tell me they expected "Yes, we westerners are uncivilised barbarians and you are so polite"

"""

surprised you didn't insert the "we've got 5k years culture" line....

[ Last edited by mikeghet at 2006-12-12 04:20 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 17:05:38 |Display all floors

Maybe later this week

I will try to answer those extra questions but I have no energy today.

When I came here in the Summer I said I thought they would have killed me by Christmas, well there's only a few weeks to go and they have really stepped up their efforts over the last few days,

either that or some girl somewhere is blowing on my hair.

"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 17:09:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pandamonium at 2006-12-12 17:05
I will try to answer those extra questions but I have no energy today.

When I came here in the Summer I said I thought they would have killed me by Christmas, well there's only a few weeks to go ...

I see, u became a bad Panda!!!

Usual.......
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2006-12-15 23:38:28 |Display all floors

SusanSusan # 6

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-16 11:09:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pandamonium at 2006-12-12 17:05
When I came here in the Summer I said I thought they would have killed me by Christmas,

Well you certainly clarified by that line that you are a racist, and a nasty one at that. It also shows that you must be a masochist if your preconceptions of your arrival here would soon see you dead...or maybe you just are too much of a coward to commit suicide and hoped that someone else would place you face down and feet up?

But it does beg the question...If you expected the Chinese people to kill you in few months, why the F did you come to sully the Chinese landscape?

Here's some questions for you:

Are you a legal worker with a working visa?

Are you registered with the tax bureau as is required by law - if you are working that is?

Are you registered with the local Public Security Bureau as is required by law?

Do you possess permission to be a Temporary Resident?

Are you working while in possession of only a Tourist Visa - in violation of the law in most countries, China inclulded?

If you aren't a backpacking so-called English teacher here cheating Chinese children and their parents, were you hired for your position from outside the country, provided with a formal contract before enterting the country by a company that has the legal right to do so?

And finally, a repeat of one question you have already been asked: "When will you be leaving?"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-16 11:49:15 |Display all floors

essential information

Originally posted by pandamonium at 2006-12-11 14:07
I am white and I work in China. People ask me the same questions every day; these questions show the difference between my thinking and the thinking of those people asking the questions. Not all Ch ...

if you are boring for the same questions above....

maybe the asker is not so familiar with you, it's common, all them are essential information for friends....

hehe, most stars must to answer the same questions thousands time in difference place....

not too care for it...  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-16 12:22:21 |Display all floors
I see! The questions I heard many times in the English conner when chinese students met foreigners.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.