Author: chinadaily

China Daily to expand in 2007 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-13 10:17:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2006-12-13 06:39
As mencius pointed out, your continual quoting of US media or government behaviour as being representative of the west in general, or Australia or Britain in particular, simply shows how IGNORANT AND STUPID you appear to be when attempting to make your case.

So, you share the same 'benefit' by what US occupation forces did in Iraq. Your forces there becoming 'liberators' in from of the military intervention of the US. If you really for freedom of speech, you should protest the lie about your forces there, am I right? You should disclose the fact manipulated about foreign forces news and reveal the truth, that your forces there is not as good as your ally said, but you don't. Instead you come here when there's nothing to do with your national concern, simply coming here to preach and condemn others', to meet your ego. A sick racist attitude.

[ Last edited by northwest at 2006-12-13 10:32 AM ]
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-13 13:46:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 2006-12-13 12:10
So why don't you keep busy by fighting for aborigines issue, it's in your neighborhood. We won't because it's too far...

I hear plenty of ignorant comments about Australian Aboriginals in this forum. Usually it's used as a diversionary tactic when an argument is not going the way some would like. So they change the subject.
BTW, there is plenty of commentary on Aboriginal health and welfare and thoughts on where the Australian government should improve its handling of Aboriginal issues. I'd say that there is a lot MORE comment in Australian media about what the government is doing wrong, regarding aborigines, than you'll read in the Chinese media about where Beijing may be falling short regarding Tibet and other places.

Originally posted by northwest at 2006-12-13 12:10
You may also clean the pollution made by your corpaorations in Papua, because it's your colony. We won't because it's not our business.  ...

Feel free to comment in a relevant thread. Please try to get your facts right, for a change. PNG is not an Australian colony and it has not been for over 20 years. The operation of foreign companies in PNG and any relevant pollution issues does get coverage and criticism in Australian media.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-13 13:49:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 2006-12-13 12:13
Of course you won't attack and insult US manipulated news, because you need them bad... for your own interest. ...

I don't "need" US manipulated media, and I certainly don't defend biased media outlets like Fox News Channel.
Some US media is actually very good and unbiased. Far more fair and balanced that what you'd be familiar with in China.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-13 15:15:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2006-12-13 13:46
I hear plenty of ignorant comments about Australian Aboriginals in this forum. Usually it's used as a diversionary tactic when an argument is not going the way some would like. So they change the subject. ...

Diversionary tactics? This is weird. Because I did this to counter your 'hit and run' tactics, bringing issues where you're losing ground in other threads.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-13 15:22:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2006-12-13 13:49

I don't "need" US manipulated media, and I certainly don't defend biased media outlets like Fox News Channel.
Some US media is actually very good and unbiased. Far more fair and balanced that what you'd be familiar with in China. ...

You're certainly don't know the manipulated or controlled media by the US. Or you already aware of those and chose to keep silent, because it serve your own interest. You come condemning and attacking China's because it's not favorable enough to your interest.
The so called 'free press' concern are disguised bullsh*t brought by you.

1. So if you don't know, be aware of this! Start your complain and condemnation toward the US military, you're for free press, right?

2. If you already know and chose to keep silent(which is very likely), You're losing moral ground for any arguments regarding free press.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-13 18:39:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2006-12-13 18:27
I live in AUSTRALIA, I don't read or watch US media.
Again your ignorance astounds me. Just because I speak English doesn't mean that everything which goes on in the USA can be attributed to me, or my country.
Wake up and learn just a little about the world.  

This is the joke of the day. You don't read about US media, so you don't care whether their news is manipulated or not. No wonder. That's why I said US ways of manipulation and deceit are world's best.

At the same time, you, an English speaking Australian commented almost everyday to a Chinese-speaking nation's issues. Condemnation and preaching came from your own perspectives.

It's against logic, an English speaking guy doesn't care much about his country's forces in Iraq or things related to it, but at the same time spend much of the time to a Chinese-speaking nation.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-13 19:13:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 13-12-2006 10:39

At the same time, you, an English speaking Australian commented almost everyday to a Chinese-speaking nation's issues.

No way, north - really? Well geez, maybe that's because this is a Chinese forum that talks about Chinese matters. Why the hell would he come to a Chinese forum to talk about American issues? Anyone who comes here will normally talk about China.

Now as I have said before if you don't like non-Chinese talking about Chinese affairs, ask the mods to make it Chinese language only and block all non-PRC IPs. Have you even asked them to do that?

Good grief, the very idea of complaining about people talking about the home country of the forum!!!! Really it's just because he has anything critical to say about China - that's pretty lame, considering Emu is one of the best posters on this forum. You're far too blinkered in how you interact with people on this forum - all you seem to do is care about what beliefs they have, not how they put them across.

Why don't you criticise some of the "Chinese" members of the forum first for their behaviour before you complain about him? Why don't you go tell them to stop spending all their time ranting about the US and Israel and get them back on track to talk about China. After all, by your own logic, that is what they should be talking about if Emu should be talking about Australia. On the other hand if you don't do that you are indicating that people can talk about whatever they want, so your complaint about Emu will be invalid.

[ Last edited by mencius at 2006-12-13 11:21 AM ]
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.