Author: chinadaily

China Daily to expand in 2007 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-12 02:46:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mencius at 2006-12-12 02:41
I'm not sure how any of that is related to my criticism of Chinadaily and the British media's refusal to bow to government pressure. Anyway, talk to you another time!

I'm talking about your critism about 'speech freedom' and ypur hipocrysi. You should see what Benedick and Bliar has done before come here and shouting your double standard.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 05:56:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 2006-12-12 04:46
I'm talking about your critism about 'speech freedom' and ypur hipocrysi. You should see what Benedick and Bliar has done before come here and shouting your double standard.

Northwest,
You have attacked a post where Mencius asked if Chinese media would be full of the usual "obsequious rubbish", ie saying things which are in the interests of the Chinese government.

You attempted to rebut Mencius' argument by posting an example of the British media's reporting. Now what you should have done is quoted something where the British media printed something obsequious to the British government, and I am sure you could find something of that nature (in any western democracy). Instead, you posted a clipping of an article where the media criticised the British government, followed closely by another article critical of the government and intelligence services.

You comprehensively fail to understand that you've actually provided evidence how western press can and do criticise their own governments, unlike certain asian countries. As Mencius said, you've proved his case for him by quoting those reports.
Then, just to cap it off, you print another bit how the diplomatic service in Britain has asked the politicians to stop using a certain phrase, freely reported in Britain.
Now I do recall a case where a chap in a certain Asian country was jailed for revealing how newspaper editors were told what they could and could not say about a certain anniversary.

Northwest, if you really want the world to believe China has a robust democracy with freedom of speech and so on, well you'd better stop debating the issue.
You keep on providing more ammunition to those on the other side of the debate.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 09:35:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2006-12-12 05:56
Northwest,
You have attacked a post where Mencius asked if Chinese media would be full of the usual "obsequious rubbish", ie saying things which are in the interests of the Chinese  ...

Seems you are more interested to 'hit and run' way of debate. Leave questions unanswered in other thread like in Taiwan issue or Australia's future and then come here...

[ Last edited by northwest at 2006-12-12 10:06 AM ]
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 10:38:24 |Display all floors
How about the price? Stay same?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 13:50:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 2006-12-12 11:35
Seems you are more interested to 'hit and run' way of debate. Leave questions unanswered in other thread like in Taiwan issue or Australia's future and then come here...

There are lots of threads, Northwest, and I can't keep tabs on them all.
Provide me with a link, if you can, and I will check it out.

Mind you, sometimes the "response" to my post is such a load of rubbish that I think it is pointless to respond.

BTW, back on this topic, I guess that you've taken note of how Mencius demolished your argument on British influence of the media, judging by how you've diverted the topic in your last post to me.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 21:01:45 |Display all floors

way to go

its a good begining
always be OK
always be Great

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 21:29:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2006-12-12 13:50

BTW, back on this topic, I guess that you've taken note of how Mencius demolished your argument on British influence of the media, judging by how you've diverted the topic in your last post to me.  ...

Divert the topics? I'm not usre what you're talking about.

I quote a report that MI5 and Bristish establishment intervene even intimidate media establishment and then you take credit for saying that western media is free from government intervention. So it's okay for Bliar to do what he want? and at the same time you cherish this? With those kind of mentality... as I've asked numerous times before, that qualifies you to condemn others?
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.