Author: chinadaily

China Daily to expand in 2007 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-12 02:16:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mencius at 2006-12-12 02:00
Or will it be filled with the usual obsequious rubbish?

So... with your prime minister 'involvement' in killing suicide of an honest man and his attempt to silence media critics... you still feel qualified to comment on others?

Why don't you clean your own backyard first?

There are huge bunches of dirt and stinky skeletons in your neighborhood.

[ Last edited by northwest at 2006-12-12 02:33 AM ]
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 02:34:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 11-12-2006 18:16

So... with your prime minister 'involvement' in killing suicide of an honest man and his attempt to silence media critics... you still feel qualified to comment on others?

I do, given that our media completely ignored him and decided to write whatever they liked! Thanks, north, you've just made my point for me!

[ Last edited by mencius at 2006-12-11 06:39 PM ]
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 02:36:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mencius at 2006-12-12 02:34

I do, given that our media completely ignored him and decided to write whatever they liked! Thanks, north, you've just made my point for me!

Really? That include that you agree with Bliar's act to intervene and intimidate with the media?
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 02:39:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 11-12-2006 18:36

Really? That include that you agree with Bliar's act to intervene and intimidate with the media?

Haha, of course I don't. But the very fact he tried and failed to keep things more quiet shows how independent of the government our media is here. So, as I said, you made your point for me. Let me thank you again. :)
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 02:39:47 |Display all floors
Britain stops talk of 'war on terror'

Foreign Office has asked ministers to ditch the phrase invented by Bush to avoid stirring up tensions within the Islamic world

Jason Burke
Sunday December 10, 2006
The Observer

Cabinet ministers have been told by the Foreign Office to drop the phrase 'war on terror' and other terms seen as liable to anger British Muslims and increase tensions more broadly in the Islamic world.

At least, Bliar, your leader admit that they must sensitive enought to exercise their 'speech freedom'. He surely have more wisdom compared to Benedick.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 02:41:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mencius at 2006-12-12 02:39
Haha, of course I don't. But the very fact he tried and failed to keep things more quiet shows how independent of the government our media is here. So, as I said, you made your point for me. Le ...

I can's accept your thanks. At least Kelly won't agree with your prime minister, after he's silenced from speak out truth.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 02:41:43 |Display all floors
I'm not sure how any of that is related to my criticism of Chinadaily and the British media's refusal to bow to government pressure. Anyway, talk to you another time!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.