Author: chinadaily

China Daily to expand in 2007 [Copy link] 中文

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2006-12-9 08:46:02 |Display all floors

CHINESE GOVERMENT - 2006 - MEASURES

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-9 11:21:54 |Display all floors
Ricecake: China has no choice but to open up. It can no longer monitor all communications as it once did. Ricecake: I've also written many things that have been censored too. I have to admit that China is changing for the better as far as freedom of individual postings on the Internet. I think it still has a debt to its people to allow more open communications within their sphere. It allows people to become independent thinkers.  I think China is going in the right direction. It just seems slow on this end. I should be more patient.

Chairman: don't you think that's quite broad and all encompassing; where it doesn't really allow much discourse on real intense topics. It really doesn't encourage people to speak out what they really think therefore it doesn't really allow too many difference of opinions except for those at the top of the party. It just creates a society of "Yes" men and women. Where everyone thinks alike, and when everyone thinks alike then no one is really thinking at all.  
I can sum up what you wrote: "Anything that the party doesn't like is wrong"
Don't get me wrong I love China and its people; Its just time for a change from the same ole same ole. Its time to progress instead of regressing and repressing. Allow China to be what it wants to be instead of controlling every facet of peoples lives.
Transperancy would be a great starter. Educating your people about the law, at all levels. I know its not as easy as this because of the mass amount of people China has.
One great thing about absolute power is if its in the right hands (kind, honest, responsible peoples hands) then  you can create miracles and you can actually help people help them selves. Living in China I can say this much. I believe most of the party members are good honest people and they are trying to make a differnce but absolute power does corrupt. Out with the old in with the new; mix it up; checks and balances are needed. Same ole same cant persist, it only stagnates the countrys growth. People need a fresh perspective. If anything give them the appearace of change. Like the two party system in the US, which is actually one party.  Allow people to voice their opionions in any form. Most Chinese are nationalistic so  you dont have to worry about too much upheval. Once you make them rich then the party will no longer be in power. Your easy pay check is gone. You will actually have to compete with the best and the brightest of the bunch.
I'm not saying to give them total freedom but not as strict as it is now.  Its just too much. These people need to breath.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-9 14:54:06 |Display all floors
Hopefully, China will be able to produce another world-class news network which broadcasts internationally, joining the ranks of CNN, BBC, Al Jazeera and France 24.
xurfnet.blogspot.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-9 15:11:49 |Display all floors

Reply #10 admchengho's post

there already is a CCTV 9!

wake up lar, Mr. ChengHO?
Where do you get your instructions from anyway?

Green Dragon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-9 16:21:48 |Display all floors
congratulations! it is inspiring news.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 02:00:04 |Display all floors

Will the style change?

Or will it be filled with the usual obsequious rubbish?
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 02:14:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mencius at 2006-12-12 02:00
Or will it be filled with the usual obsequious rubbish?

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/politics/story/0,6903,992691,00.html

MI6 chief briefed BBC over Iraq arms fears

· Iran and Syria 'greater danger than Saddam'
· Blair stakes reputation on row over weapons dossier

Kamal Ahmed, political editor
Sunday July 6, 2003
The Observer

The head of MI6, Sir Richard Dearlove, secretly briefed senior BBC executives on Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction before the Today programme claimed Number 10 had 'sexed up' part of the evidence.

[ Last edited by northwest at 2006-12-12 02:35 AM ]
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.