Author: mark069

First Date on Friday! Some questions.... Epilogue [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-11 18:33:31 |Display all floors
Oh, so where in NY are you? Not far from NJ? You could also go to High Point State Park, which is the highest point in NJ and has a big pointy thing at the top. There are a few small trails through woods, and in order to get there you have to drive through a small town or two where you could maybe find a place to eat. Sounds boring, huh? I guess it depends what kind of person she is. Personally I like that stuff, I'm not a fancy expensive person.

Here's my pics of that place:
http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/vie ... ghlight=%2Bfreakyqi

skiing
indoor raquetball
wine tasting (New Hope has wineries too)
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-11 18:34:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by brianzhang at 2006-12-11 18:29
freak,
is your post novel post?

Yes, with a small sequel.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-11 18:36:38 |Display all floors
I want tell you
"you are a perfect novelist"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-11 19:01:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2006-12-11 18:25
Ok, it's been a few days, time to email her! Unless you have already.

Don't worry about who paid, and that she said email instead of phone, etc. Judge by how the conversation went, and she D ...

Yeah about the phone thing....there're similar situaitions, some people I just don't know them at all, they ask for msn, email and such...it's really weird, I even never have conversations with them in those posts...why should I give it to a stranger and bother myself...

But I thought mark must be familar with that girl for some time before, but ask her out as a date for the first time? As they've confirmed relationship as lovers and such....it's a bit weird to use emails if they live close to each other...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 05:07:04 |Display all floors
Sounds like you got off to a good start Mark , take it easy as you are doing and have some fun , don't worry about if this is going to be the love of your life , concentrate on having a good time and the rest will fall into place on it's own , quirky things to do work as well , take her to a paintball centre and get all grubby :) the indoor rock climbing freakyqi sugested is good for a laugh , I once took a girl on a graveyard cleanup detail for a date , to say she was supprised would be an understatement :) remember to play safe :)
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 06:21:20 |Display all floors
I want to extend special thanks to Freakyqi for her encouraging words and great ideas for the next date.  Thanks cyberspook also for your encouragement!

Just some clarifications....  We both live in the San Francisco Bay Area (near Stanford University) but we both grew up in NY/NJ area - so our next date will have to be in California, also....  :)

My best female friend who just got married told me that it's a bad sign if the girl insists on paying her half - she said she does that if she doesn't want to see the guy again.   But I think given the fact that Kay (my date's name) is so independent and hearing some of the attitudes she expressed about dating and sex (yes, the subject of sex briefly came up during the date), I don't think it's a big deal that she wanted to pay half.

I will e-mail her tonight after work.  I am planning on asking her to go to San Francisco this time where there's a lot more to do than where we went on our first date.  Also, I live very close to SF so I might show her my house if we have time.  I am thinking of asking her to see a band or perhaps go dancing....

[ Last edited by mark069 at 2006-12-11 02:23 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 06:28:22 |Display all floors
is the hub still in the bay area Mark ? I went there in 1982 to see Raven and there support group Metallica :)
the bay area is well known for it's heavy style of music :)
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.