Author: andreaz

Friends, I need your help. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-11 11:52:53 |Display all floors
Skipper, there is only one kind of webster's dictionary in the bookstore of our school.
Anna Karenina written by Leo Tolstoy. Woo. Woo. I am excited.
If there are opportunities to read and practise, I will do it. Just like what you told me?
:)
No pains, no gains. My name is andreas Zhang.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-11 12:00:46 |Display all floors
My God.
The first sentence in part one is so popular that I want to share it with friends.
All happy families resemble one another, each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-11 12:18:13 |Display all floors
I read some sentences in Dao De Ching.
Water is the most gentle, water is the most powful.
Have you read The art of War? :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 09:54:16 |Display all floors
Skipper, I want to ask some questions in your reply.
In this sentence "I like very much this classic", classic is an adjective. You must omit the word work.
When and where I can omit some word? :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 09:59:24 |Display all floors
Sorry, classic is also a noun. I look up this word in the Webster's dictionary, and there is only one part of speech in it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 10:51:29 |Display all floors
Skipper, I like the depth of your sentences.
I saw the phrase "throw a punch". I'm not able to write phrases like that, but I am glad that I can guess its meaning. Yes, I think you are right. My aunt believe in Buddhism. What I had known about buddha is that we should be kind-hearted. I had heard an idea that everyone is suffering. I can understant the phrase "the first places", but I don't the exact meaning and I am not able to use phrases like this. My classmates often want to copy my head because in their opinions my head is full of technical knowledge. Now I really want to copy your head, because it is the container of the world. In the sentence "The way I am gains me the respect of others,even when those others don't have any idea of my life.", I don't know the difference between "The way I am" and "My way". And I appreciate your way and I know part of your life. :) I am lucky. There is opportunity to read Heart and Diamond sutras, I will do it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 11:39:36 |Display all floors
Yes, skipper. Thank you.
You will see my advancement. :)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.