Author: mikeghet

This is probably my favorite food in China.. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-3 17:35:42 |Display all floors
In Chinese,they're called 'Chaohuo'.well,we always eat them in autumn and winter.
They're not seasonal,we can get them in supermarkets all year round.But actually,they are more frequently consumed in autumn and winter,coz it's said taking a regular amount of them does good to our body especially in cold days....yet i don't like them much....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-4 11:18:01 |Display all floors

Reply #1 mikeghet's post

hey, mike--i thought they were ban street vendors in HK quite few years ago (was this pix not in HK?) .  anyway, you just can't always get what you want!  peter

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-4 12:28:58 |Display all floors

diet or not diet

hey, frakyqi--y do you want 2 make people hungry?  cuz i try to be on diet now & i can't look at somethin' like that.  anyway i think i'm gonna get myself a cuban sandwiches down the block.  4got 2 tell how delis cuban sandwiches are in new york city...yummy!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-4 12:48:06 |Display all floors

um um chinese food nice

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-4 15:14:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pjtran at 12-4-2006 11:18
hey, mike--i thought they were ban street vendors in HK quite few years ago (was this pix not in HK?) .  anyway, you just can't always get what you want!  peter

yeah, they are supposedly illegal, but there are so many of them and they are too swift for the police, that they never go away.

i don't really think they should try to get rid of them.  in doing so you will have more unskilled people that want welfare of some sort from the government.  at least now they earn their money.

if they want to clean up china then they should start by removing people that don't provide any service whatsoever, like the many loiters all around public places just preying on people, mostly foreigners.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-4 16:13:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mikeghet at 2006-12-3 15:57

are those spanish olives with pimento?

no, they're chengdu snacks, made of rice, and a kind of vegetable I can't figure out the name, some with stuffings

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-4 16:21:30 |Display all floors
HAV E YOU GUYZ TRY  HOTPOT,esp CHONGQING'S

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.