Author: mikeghet

This is probably my favorite food in China.. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-3 11:02:24 |Display all floors
How I want to be a good cook! I can cook ok, but not very well. Chinese cooking takes you too much time.
Boating on the Houhai River...在后海泛舟...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-3 11:30:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sinfulangel at 2006-12-2 13:22
yes...and i love it..i love hunan food....so yummy...

I thought you said "human food".

whirly - yes, cooking takes so much time! I am still enjoying making soups. It's so easy to make a simple soup, starting with a packet of seasoning. I just stand there & cut up veggies & tofu, and add egg or dumplings or noodles, or any combination of whatever I have.... and by the time I'm done cutting & tossing it into the pot, it's all done. Do I sound like a poor bachelor?

I'm about to fry leftover noodles in butter, and add scallions & egg & spices. That will be my breakfast - er, I mean lunch. Whatever.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-3 15:57:36 |Display all floors

re; #18

Originally posted by superkylin at 12-2-2006 13:18

it freaked me out....

some dessert here...I'm just "hot and sweet" addicted....

are those spanish olives with pimento?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-3 16:01:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cindy_guan at 12-2-2006 16:04

Mike, I had this in Suzhou 3 years ago. It was really good, same thing happened to me. I said, man, how can I eat that dirty pork. But it is realy realy good.. and it was cheap, (I rem ...

in zheijiang provicne and shaghai it's everywhere, along with other things i like.  they only cost 1 or 2rmb here.

other things such as these little round cake things with pork and green onion.  don't know the name, but they are only .5rmb for each one.  they are cooked in some little ceramic/clay stove thingy with coals in it.  this is street vendor food as well.

////////////
more meat on the stick..(hey freaky, i call it the same thing lol) with my 8rmb lunch WITH bubble tea...how cheap is that!!  this place i get them for 1rmb, but as you can see it wasn't street vendor food.

[ Last edited by mikeghet at 2006-12-3 04:21 PM ]
Picture 130.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-3 16:13:17 |Display all floors

oh man....how could i forget

i don't have a picture (maybe someone knows the name??) but it's like a piece of pork with a ton of fat on it....it's soaked in brown colored broth...i was told it's native to hangzhuo, but who knows.  this is also a great street vendor food.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-3 16:18:00 |Display all floors

one more...chinese chestnuts

i don't have a pic of this, but these are sooo good.  there's the ones that are boiled and cooked with a little salt and the ones, which are mainly on the street, roasted in a wok with some spcial pebble (i guess it's a pebble...looks like coffee beans sort of).  just got some today in fact!!!  ;-]

interestingly, i don't think i started seeing these until close autumn.  is it seasonal or is it just cuz it's too hot to eat them in the summer?

here's a pic that's not mine...:

[ Last edited by mikeghet at 2006-12-3 04:20 PM ]
chinese_chestnuts.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-3 17:28:44 |Display all floors
What's in the picure above??? Red often goes with green in Chinese food....haha....it reminds me of the converse situation in dressing...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.