Author: wentong

Make your wishes for the coming Chinese New Year! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-27 18:34:20 |Display all floors
I love my family !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-7 20:52:34 |Display all floors
For the Chinese New Years Day, I make a wish here.

Wish you  health without me.
Wish you success on your carrior whenever you start without me.
Wish you  happiness without me.
I give all the bless above to you  sincerely.
We let go because we both know it's a better choice for both of us and I am more.
And because it is the life itself.
All I can say is thanks to give your  selfless love to me.
I am so happy to meet and be together with you.
The coming year will be a good year for you, believe me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-8 11:00:53 |Display all floors
Chinese New Year (Simplified Chinese: 春节, or 农历新年, Traditional Chinese: 春節, or 農曆新年; pinyin: chūnji? or nóngl?xīnnián), also known as the Lunar New Year or the Spring Festival is the most important of the traditional Chinese holidays. It consists of a period of celebrations, starting on New Year's Day, celebrated on the first day of the first month of the Chinese calendar. This is the day of the second new moon after the winter solstice, unless there is an intercalary eleventh or twelfth month in the lead-up to the New Year. In such a case, the New Year falls on the day of the third new moon after the solstice. (The next time this occurs is in 2033.) The Chinese New Year period ends with the Lantern Festival, on the fifteenth day of the festival.

According to legend, the beginning of the year began with month 1 during the Xia Dynasty, month 12 during the Shang Dynasty, and month 11 during the Zhou Dynasty, but intercalary months were added after month 12 during both the Shang Dynasty according to surviving oracle bones and the Zhou Dynasty according to Sima Qian. The first Emperor of China Qin Shi Huang changed the beginning of the year to month 10 in 221 BC. Whether the New Year was celebrated at the beginning of these months or at the beginning of month 1 or both is unknown. In 104 BC, Emperor Wu established month 1 as the beginning of the year where it remains.

According to legend, in ancient China, Nian ("Nyan"), a man-eating predatory beast from the mountains, could infiltrate houses silently. The Chinese were always very scared of this monster. The Chinese later learned that Nian was sensitive to loud noises and the color red, and so they scared it away with explosions, fireworks and the liberal use of the color red. So "GuoNian" actually means "Passover the Nian". These customs led to the first New Year celebrations.(http://www.china-tour.cn/discovery/Arts-Handicrafts/index.htm)

"ChuXi" or 除夕 in Mandarin Chinese. "Chu" means "get rid of" and "Xi" is the day of the legendary man-eating beast, Nian, that preys once a year on New Year Eve. When Nian arrived, people used firecrackers to scare him away. Once Nian ran away, people joined together to celebrate for another year of safe life.

Celebrated internationally in areas with large populations of ethnic Chinese, Chinese New Year is considered to be a major holiday for the Chinese as well as ethnic groups such as the Mongolians, Koreans, the Miao (Chinese Hmong), the Vietnamese (see Tết), Tibetans, the Nepalese and the Bhutanese (see Losar) who were strongly influenced by Chinese culture in terms of philosophical and religious worldview, language and culture in general. Chinese New Year is also the time when the largest human migration takes place when overseas Chinese all around the world return home on the eve of Chinese New Year to have reunion dinners with their families.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-8 13:54:32 |Display all floors
I wanna go home~~

One of my colleague was told to pay 300 kuai extra money  for ONE train ticket  by  ticket tout  just now. what i can say?

[ Last edited by gracezxh at 2007-2-8 01:56 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-26 20:22:47 |Display all floors
I want to get a lot of money !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-3 18:27:04 |Display all floors

New year

I am living south of China ,it's not very far from my hometown ,just 4hrs for bus.This New year spring festival gave me very deep impression ,that  is  ,it's heartquake.
i only gotta four days holladays , 17-21,so i had to hit the road on the previous day of new year,the bus would be set  out at 12:00,so i got up at 10:00,n planed to left at 11:00,if i took taix ,i thought it's eough for me to get the bus station ,but ,guess what ,when i stood on my familiar  street ,i couldn't take taix,cus it's so many people w/ luggage,to and fro ,to find a taix ,20mits passed ,i still couldn't find any .. it's only 40 mints left .i wish i would fly ,but it's impossible.i was so depressed i thought i can't come back ,finally i decided to take bus,but it was still very crowd ,so terrible ,when i got on embark ,and i called my mom ,i told her  maybe i couldn't get there on time n maybe i would miss my bus,i said sorry ,i was very sad ,almost burst into tears,my brother -in-law was just next to  her  ,and he heard the story ,and grabed the phone ,said:"which bus are y in ",i said :"60#","well ,y will get the bus station more than 1hr,n definetly  miss yr bus ,so y should get off the bus and take taix .i try to contact the driverr and ask him waiting for y for some mints."i had to listen for his word ,their was on choice 4 me,got out of bus ,n fortunatly i got a taix ,so i could relax for while ,althought it's 15 mits 2 departure time.i grined like a cheshire cat  cus maybe a little late but i still could come back ,i miss my parent very much ,i hadn't see them for one year.During the time i imagine the picture we big family set around the table to have dinner ,the driver told me :"sorry ,lady ,the gas isn't eough ,i have to charge it ","what,that's ridiculous"it's just another shock for me "i explained to him ,but it was not work ,and he promise me to change another taix for me on the gas station , hard cheese,i had to follow his word and transfered taix on gas station.Thank godness ,i got to the staion ,altought it's already 10 mints passed ,the driver said :lady ,all the passager were waiting 4 y, i found my seat with dissatisfied ambiance there and i found my way home .when i had finished my hectic joruney ,and back home ,i found the whole famliy member  were every relax,and welcom me home ,just like the words ,no matter how grueling the joruney may be ,all the in conveniences are considered to be worth it once the family gathers .
and here i make wish here n wish them could come true.
for dear parents,i love both of y,wish y good health.
for my sister, i love y too ,wish y more beautiful
for my dear niece,wish y happy
for my reader ,wish y would find what y want in new year

for me ,hehe ,i wish i would find my romance ,so that ,my mom couldn't intentionally ,give me a hint "to care the man around y"
mgodness .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-4 19:05:55 |Display all floors

AAA-Incredible

Why all of you write so much?

Do you do believe someone has patience to read through it  or you only write it to yourself to dispel your feeling.

We can do little to chang the scenario. We can only change our attitudes to cater it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.