Views: 19892|Replies: 22

Make your wishes for the coming Chinese New Year! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-11-28 16:13:21 |Display all floors
hey, as the end of the year comes, Spring Festival, the most important festival of a year in China, is near! It's a festival for family union.

On this big occasion, do you guys have anything to say to your parents, lover or friends?

We'll have a special page on our ezine Ni Hao from China, printing the words you send to us.  Your homesick, your love, anything you wanna say to that special person on that special day is welcomed.  Perhaps you'll see a lot "please tell her I love her" on the issue:)

And if you'd like your photo to be shown with your words, please send it to us at ezine@chinadaily.com.cn

Also, we'd also like to see your story about the spring festival published on our ezine. How do you spend the Spring Festival in China? In what way do you think it's special? And if you are a Chinese, we'd like to know where you come from. e.g. If you are from the South China, have you ever experienced any cultures differences when you spend the Spring Festival in northern China? Do you like the differences? Will you be bothered by them? The interesting stories will be published on the Spring Festival issue of Ni Hao from China.

[ Last edited by wentong at 2007-2-7 09:07 AM ]
xin_44010217104551566689.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-1 11:50:43 |Display all floors
I am a southerner living in the north, thousands of miles away from home.  It is really a headache to buy a train ticket back home due to the new year traffic rush. Last year, some 144 million Chinese hit the road back home during the festival. Just imagine it. Every one wants to be with families during the festival. Some people may not be able to get a seat and will stand for dozens of hours on the jammed train. I heard that adult diaper was a must on the train because the aisle was so crowded that you couldn't get to the WC.

If I fail to get a ticket or have to work, I have to spend the new years' eve all alone. My parents will have new years' eve dinner without me, but they always leaves a set of bowl and chopsticks on the table for me as if  I were with them.

I hope this year I will be lucky enough to get home.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-1 14:19:40 |Display all floors
My husband and I usually had unpleasant time at the corner of every Spring Festival because we we disagree with each other on whose parents we should be with during the festival.

we work in Hangzhou, not far away from his hometown, but my parents live in  North China's Shanxi, over one thousand kilometers away from Hangzhou. The Spring Festival is a big occasion for family reunion, and my husband is the only child in his family, so he wants me to go back with him to his parents.

I still remember how sad i was on the first Spring Festival right after our marrige. I decided to go back to my parents in Shanxi, but he's angry with me on this decision. According to him, I'm the daughter-in-law in his family and i should stay with his parents. Then a terrible quarrel followed. It ended up with his surrendering. But when the dispute was settled, it was too difficult to get a train ticket because of the traffic rush right before the Spring Festival.

Guess what? I embarked on a 22-hour journey to head for my parent on the first day of the new year.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-2 11:24:50 |Display all floors

RE:jumpingtiger

I can understand what your feeling is . You are the southerner living in north now ,but i am the northerner staying in the south of jiangsu province. Although the distance between the place where i work and my hometwon is not so longer than you , i have to work or stay here even the night of the Spring Festive Day due to some reasons ,so when i saw what you wrote ,i think we have the same feeling of  being not reuniting  with families and beloved.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-4 10:29:33 |Display all floors

Reply #1 wentong's post

All the 25 spring festivals I ever had were spent at home, no matter how I far away I might be from there, I always try to go back there.

But this festival seems to be increasingly uneventful as I grow older: endless meals, plenty of sleep, and just kicking it...

Nonetheless, going home at this occasion is a manifestation to the folks at home: I love you, FAMILY!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-5 15:32:23 |Display all floors
when i was a child, Spring Festival meant a lot to me: a big meal, new clothes, or a trip to Shanghai (as we used to visit my mom's family in Shanghai every other year). As I grew up, such things became less and less attractive and Spring Festival is no more than a long holiday which usually came near the end of winter vacation.

but the spring festival I spent in UK in 2005 reminds me of what it means to Chinese. I remeber there was a parade at China Town in London, with lion dancing and dragon dancing. not only Chinese were there, but also many British people curious about Chinese New Year. The streets were so crowded that the police had to block the entrance!

here's a photo of the dragon dancing on the Trafalgar Square
0214_B09.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-9 23:19:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jumpingtiger at 2006-12-1 11:50
I am a southerner living in the north, thousands of miles away from home.  It is really a headache to buy a train ticket back home due to the new year traffic rush. Last year, some 144 million Chin ...

wow 144 million Chinese people on the highway going home to momma!  what a picture

can you imagine it?  in the US the biggest travel day of the year is Thanksgiving Day, November 23rd.  That day, over 40 million Americans hit the roads, going home for a turkey dinner with family.  

144 million

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.