Author: dannycool

Which country in Asia is best to travel [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-12 10:02:00 |Display all floors
I think the most significant hurdle for most Americans to get over when visiting China is the smell

it smells really really bad practically everywhere you go...especially bad when you get off the airplane the first time

also it's hard for westerners to get used to people spitting everywhere.  my wife and I own a condo in a large city in China.  the cooks in the restaurant in our condoplex - a very modern, clean and organized facility - spit on the floor in the kitchen!  and not just a small spit, this is the Chinese HAAAWWWWKKKKK-SPPPLLLLAAATTTT!!! that sounds like a piece of lung is coming up with all the phlegm

another hard thing for westerners to deal with is how loud the Chinese are, especially the men.  the more "successful" or powerful they think they are, the louder they talk

other than those points, China is a lovely place to visit ;)
Living in New York, Traveling in China.  Let's do business!
whiteboy4us@hotmail.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 10:18:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by johnyou at 2006-12-12 09:53
How about Malacca? I feel it's a must see if you wanna have a complete picture of Asia...!

John - that one way street you travelled to get a glimpse of the ancient Portuguese boat Flor de La Mar is actually the main street to all the important historical sites in Malacca.

Let start from Air Keroh, the highway you took to enter the city.

As you enter are Butterfly park on the left., Slightly below, Birds farms, peacocks, etc......

Auyin hill resort/Formosa Water resorts/zoo is few miles away on the right.

After that, Mcdonald's drive in, opposite, the zoo. Opposite zoo is Paradise camp site. Beside zoo, mini Malaysia resort!!!
Below, crocodile farms.

You come to the city where Renaisannce hotel is.

As you go lower, you reach  St Francis church, oldest in Malaysia.
A few km across the river, is Cheng Hoon Teng Temple, oldest one outside China,~1640. Beside Hindu Temple, Muslim Mosque & Tua Pek Kong Temple!!!

Opposite St Francis, is Malacca River cruise. One can see Many "Melaka trees" Fruitings. It began when Parameswara saw the Kancil kicked the tiger under the tree. So that's how Melaka got's it's name.

So 100 mters lower, in Christchurch-Dutch Stadhuys(house), English Fountain, English Clock Tower, Up the hill ruins of St Francis church, A Formosa portuguese Fort. & below the hill, you saw Merdeka square(Independence site), Merdeka Museum, Old Sultan Palace,etcc....

& beside Merdeka square, is latest shopping mall,Carrefour will be there in 2007. Plenty of shops the selling branded clothes, mobile phones but no LV yet!!!

& opposite is Parkson+Mahkota parade+Medical centre.

Just down the road on the right is the River mouth where many tourists brought too. On the left is Melaka Raya, Business district as well REd light ares where bars, pubs, restaurants aplenty!!!   Many Bakuteh tehere, spices pork herbal soup!!!

A few historical sites is out of city, 4-5 km away.

YES, opposite Renaissanse is Bukit China(Chinese ancestors hills where myth is gift of Sultan to Princess Hang Li Po of China, is there such a pricess from China from Emperor Yung Lo's time???)
At the foot hill is Adm Cheng Ho temple with Ma Chor Po, queen of the seas!!!

On the right of Renaissanse, 1km away is Confucious Temple!!!

A bit of news about Melaka!!!

I hope i was not proud like a peacock!!!
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 10:20:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by whiteboy at 2006-12-12 10:02
I think the most significant hurdle for most Americans to get over when visiting China is the smell

it smells really really bad practically everywhere you go...especially bad when you get off th ...

I'm sorry to know the city you choose to live in China gives you such a bad impression...! You're not the first foreigner to complain of the 'spitting everywhere' habit of some Chinese which, I think, will gradually be rid of ...! My business's brought me to many parts of the world, under-developed, developing and developed...! and I found China's been catching up and will overtake those ahead of her in the coming years. So next time when you're asked to tell a story about the country, i'm sure a quite different one will be awaiting us...! I do hope you'll enjoy the rest of your stay in the country...as you said it's still a lovely place to visit...!lol

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 10:28:26 |Display all floors
Chk, thx so much for the infor u give me...! I did wish i could have stayed there longer so that i could see all those beautiful spots u reccommended...! i kept telling myself while reading yr input: don't get so frustrated with yrself for failing to do that, u'll always have chance next time...!'lolol

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 10:44:03 |Display all floors
I think Thailand's good.But it may be too popular that too many people go to the beaches there. Anyway,I still will pay a visit there during Chinese's New Year. nowhere to go in domestic country

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 11:06:28 |Display all floors
don't get me wrong

I own a condo in China.  I choose to live here for various reasons

and once you're here for a few months you get used to the smell
Living in New York, Traveling in China.  Let's do business!
whiteboy4us@hotmail.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 13:37:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by whiteboy at 2006-12-12 11:06
don't get me wrong

I own a condo in China.  I choose to live here for various reasons

and once you're here for a few months you get used to the smell

Is yr condo loaded with condoms???

Is that the smell???

What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.