Author: northwest

Asia's ugly duckling: Australia [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-11-26 15:52:40 |Display all floors

All those "nice to haves" in Australia

and I take it that china has good services in the bush as you put it , I don't think so , do you have broadband internet access in your bush , I dont think so , do you have a flying doctor service that visits the most remote areas so the poorest of people can have medical attention, I don't think so, do you have a national health policy that does not discriminate on race , citizenship, wealth, sex, sexual prefference, age, I don't think so, let's compare shall we how old is China compared to Australia and what is the population difference, I would guess that it is so vast that it would be beyond comprehention, look at what Australia has done in just over 200 years with a boat load of prisoners, I'm happy here for now.

These services are not available to Aborigines. Many live 12 to a room in Queensland and the Northern Territories. Many Aborigines are "mixed-blood". As an indigenous people, they are dying out rapidly, and it is a stated objective of a former governor to "breed ot the Aborigines".

It seems odd to me that white Australia has so many apologists here. Again, a concerted vvirtual psych war. Australia is the wet dream Josef Goebbel had.

What a boatload of hostiles can do to Ausrtralia (the country) is manifest, laid bare for all to see.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-26 20:12:45 |Display all floors

Reply #17 mencius's post

north, sounds to me like you're interfering with Australia's "sovereign, internal affairs". Quote

I agree with you here mencius, Australia has space and is surrounded by people
who want space. The talk about "this region" is interesting as it infers that the envious
people who say this have some claim on Australia. Notice the mention of maltreatment
of aborigines in the past. Is this is precursor to interference in Australian affairs?
I hope not

They  talk about 搕his region?as if it gives them some claim on Australia.

Australia has many more inventions from a 10  to now 20 million population than
others in the area with many times the population.  Here is another:
James Harrison Australian.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-26 20:23:36 |Display all floors

Reply #22 cestmoi's post

See what CHINA DAILY  says about Chinese coal miners before you criticise
Australia.
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/eng ... /content_391242.htm

5000 coal miners died last year alone in China.

about 600,000 miners to date are suffering from pneumoconiosis, a disease of the lungs caused
by long-continued inhalation of dust. And the figure increases by 70,000 miners every year.

I will not quote the western press here on Chinese coal mining, I don't want to
embarrass you too much.

[ Last edited by christopher_104 at 2006-11-26 12:46 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-26 21:22:56 |Display all floors

Welcome the spin doctor.

Dear cyberspook,

Yours is an apologist's spin rather than an explanation of the treatment of Australian Aborigines. Australia has enough wealth to afford top class medical treatment to each and every Australian. This is available except the Aborigines, whose incidence of trachoma, kidney diseases and failure, diabetes mellitus, worms and parasitic infections, pneumonia and petrol sniffing are so widespread as to be an indictment against the government. Their life expectency is 30 years less than the rest of the population and their jail incarceration rate is 30% of the prisoners while only of 2 % of the population. These are the issues you need to address instead of that cheeky " clever " ditty that you churned out as a fig leaf to cover the negligence of the white government. Try again.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-26 23:50:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mencius at 2006-11-26 01:59
north, sounds to me like you're interfering with Australia's "sovereign, internal affairs".

In all seriousness, Australia isn't a large enough country to have a completely independent foreign policy. So it has to maintain friendly relations with one of the larger powers. And realistically who else apart from the US would support it? Would China come to Australia's rescue if a conflict with Indonesia (for example) started? I strongly doubt it under any circumstances. Australia's looking out for number 1, much as China does with its foreign policy.

Interfering?!? This is a weird accusation.

I comment on how Australia should commited more to the region, instead of being a spokesman of a bully outside the region.

And why could Australia have a conflict with one of the S.E Asian countries? Most of the countries in the region have defensive armed forces.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-27 04:13:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 26/11/2006 11:22 PM
Dear cyberspook,

Yours is an apologist's spin rather than an explanation of the treatment of Australian Aborigines. Australia has enough wealth to afford top class medical treatment to each and  ...

the fact is that this medical treatment is available to the aboriginal people , I know what I am talking about as I have been out there to some of the most remote settlements, the hard truth is that true blood aboriginal's do not trust white mans medicine, pure and simple it comes down to choice they choose not to use it in favour of there own remedies, how about the reason they live in humpys and run down housing , a clasic example is coomadichi aboriginal reserve, every two years the government rebuilds the brand new brick houses only to have the local aboriginals tear the new houses apart and sell the parts for alcohol, the government has even created a governing body run by aboriginies for aboriginies called atsic , it was their sole duty to allocate the millions of dollars every year to best help their people , it failed because of corruption between tribal elders, if aboriginals seem to be hard done by from the outside world then the outside world needs to come hear and have a closer look at the problem , I have walked a mile in their shoes and there is no solution other than assimilation over time.
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-27 06:40:11 |Display all floors

You underwhelmed me.

Dear cyberspook,

You increasingly terse and tense retorts shows that you are p.ssing in the wind. These myths you have just regurgitated have done the rounds so often they are now stale and putrid. I too have first hand experience of the living and working conditions of the aborigine settlements. I also know about their range of medical neglect and preventable diseases untreated. So stop patronising and address the problem.

The " stolen generation " following the failed genocide and " disappearing " of the Aborigine race are among the most sustained vile and inhumane treatment of men on men. The resulting survivors are now expected to be all-smiling all-capable of managing themselves like the rest !? You are so way off the mark you are sounding like one of the guilty parties perpetrating the " crime ". I love this, and I am sure you do too, the chief of the Aborigine Department ( a bureaucrat ) used to be called the " Protector of the Aborigines ". He was the one instrumental in carrying out the " stolen generation " caper. Funny or tragic ?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.