Author: pandamonium

How long is too long? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-11-23 14:00:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by virginland at 2006-11-23 11:18
Immediately in mind ,infinite in future.

SPEAKS LIKE BUDDHA'S WORDS!!!
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-23 16:14:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pandamonium at 2006-11-21 13:31
Hi,

My employer has never paid my salary. Now it is almost 6 months late. I have told them I am running out of RMB cash, but one department just blames another. Also, they owe me more money for  ...

panda,  sorry to hear that. But i don't think it normal not to pay for 6 months , especailly in a big organisation.   I agree that writing a letter claiming about that to the head of the organization and talk to him seriously. You have right to know the reason and get your salary within the month.  

Does your contract identify the term to be paid?    If you have tried all you can , but fail,  you have to get help from a lawyer....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-23 18:01:16 |Display all floors

unpaid salaries......serious problem, 300 billions yuan to recover 100b

Do you know how much unpaid wages in China?
estimated 100 billion yuan unpaid wages ( Data in Nov 2004) (of all rural migrant workers and it needs 300 billion yuan from the society to recover the claims. Migrant workers are left behind in the nation's economy boom. )

Just found this newer one
http://english.gov.cn/2006-08/09/content_358655.htm
Chinese courts help migrant workers recover unpaid wages  

GOV.cn  Wednesday, August 9, 2006  

The Supreme People's Court (SPC) has issued a circular instructing subordinate courts to accelerate lawsuits brought by migrant workers to recover their unpaid wages.

The circular said local courts should deal promptly with lawsuits brought by migrant workers on unpaid wages. Once the cases are concluded, the courts should ensure that court verdicts are enforced in a timely manner.

The SPC also urged local courts to supervise local governments so that cases involving money owed to both migrant rural workers and to construction companies can be liquidated.

The SPC requested that courts at local levels offer judicial assistance to litigants who have difficulty in obtaining money owed to them.

About 120 million migrant rural workers make their living in China's booming cities and many of them work in high-risk, labor-intensive industries.

Defaults on payments to migrant workers mainly occur in the construction industry. This problem has affected the income of the rural population for a long time and is considered a "chronic illness" affecting and undermining social stability.

There are no official figures on the total amount of unpaid wages owed to migrant workers. But statistics released by the CPC Central Commission for Discipline Inspection show that, at the end of June 2006, construction companies were owed a total of 117 billion yuan
Vision without action is illusion---Y.J.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-23 18:14:18 |Display all floors

Progress

:)
"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-23 18:33:07 |Display all floors
what progress?
117-100 billions=17 billions unpaid wages increased between Nov 2004 and June 2006
Vision without action is illusion---Y.J.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-24 09:00:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by darius at 2006-11-22 14:50
Please be more patient.Maybe they are just inefficient.

Anyway,good luck!

Remember the true/fake whatever foreignor that set up a Blog about his bad ways here in China?

Lots of Academics then said, that outings on Blogs had good and bad outcomes.

Well, you've waitied 6 months for pay, thats 5 months + to much.

You say this company has a good name, a good name for what?  I surely wouldn't want to deal with a company like that, if they are ineffecient at looking after their own staff, what on earth do they do with their customers?

I suggest you out them!  Tell everyone who they are, then lets see who this company with a good reputation are!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-24 09:42:48 |Display all floors
pandamonium,

I saw something just like this in a movie once.

If your situation goes like the movie,
they will take away your red Swingline stapler and then make you move down to storage room B in the basement.

You should go to payroll and tell them, “Excuse me, I have not received my paycheck this week.”   :)

http://www.virtualstapler.com/office_space/os_12.asp

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.