I can't stand your sense of humor.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-21 15:40:41 |Display all floors
ringtone
I am a beginner.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-24 18:49:52 |Display all floors

is it a culture issue?

From my perspective, on the way of learning english, we can not absolutely aviod the influence of chinese language, which i think is quite normal,.Well, i don't think it is a very embarrassing since language is consistently changing and there is no really standerd English. British English or American English, may be affected by Chinese!! So why don't we just develop our indigenoue English!? But we still should bare in mind that if we want to be more international, we should make effort to improve our english, at least make people from other countries can understand. :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-31 23:13:51 |Display all floors
Thank you for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!
http://hi.baidu.com/luoshupeng

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-29 14:00:02 |Display all floors

cailing

is simply "ringtone." As a college English teacher, I have the opportunity to transcribe recorded videoes from Engllish Channels like ABC, CNN, and CBS. I encountered "ringtone" once, in "up to five dollars, you can download a ringtone  from the internet." Judging from the context (the pictures, and so on) the phrase appeared,  I am 99% sure it is the English equivalent of CAILING.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.