Views: 4196|Replies: 9

If you have been turned down for many times, will you doubt your capability? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-11-17 11:35:13 |Display all floors
Suppose that you want a position, and you have applied for it. Perhaps you have also been called on to some tests. But they turned you down after all. And this situation happens repeatedly to you for about five or even more times. What will you think? Will you doubt yourself a little as your employers did? Will you keep trying still?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-17 11:54:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lotus_flower at 17/11/2006 01:35 PM
Suppose that you want a position, and you have applied for it. Perhaps you have also been called on to some tests. But they turned you down after all. And this situation happens repeatedly to you f ...

I would ask the selection panel why you did not get the position, there must be a reason and if you know that reason then you can address it and hopefuly be succesful next time around,  you have to believe that it has some thing to do with ability or experience rather than you personaly :) chin up and keep trying , good luck
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-17 12:30:47 |Display all floors

I agree with cyberspook

Of course you should keep trying, but maybe change something you are doing. If it is happening repeatedly, then there is probably something you are doing (or not doing) that they don't like. You need to find out what they want, and learn more, or change something about yourself if you still want that position.

Ar eyou being turned down by the same people again & again, or is it a different place each time? If it's different people interviewing & testing you, then Cyberspook has a good point to not take it personally. Learn more in that field, etc...

good luck
:)
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-17 12:51:20 |Display all floors
Thanks for your kindly suggestions.
I agree with you: Never give yourself up no matter how many people have already give you up.
Life is a journey, not a destination.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-17 17:54:52 |Display all floors

you haven't fail until you give up.........

It is important that man dreams, but it is perhaps equally important that he can laugh at his own dreams...............5555

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-18 01:47:07 |Display all floors
I concur with spook. Identify the reasons (from the selection panel), take corrective actions and eventually you will hit the nail right on it's head.

P.S.   Don't hit it (the nail) too hard and too deep into the wood, sometimes you might want to pull it out again.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-18 07:28:13 |Display all floors
i will talk to the people and find out why they turned me down .. so i know my weaknesses ...therefore i know what to aim for and improve ...

ps thts one thing i dont like jobs..cos you have to go through all those stupid interviews .. oh my god ..that gives me headache..
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.