Author: sullivanlee

Stupid and arrogant Shanghai locals! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-11-20 12:43:17 |Display all floors
dear sullivanlee, I am a local, I wonder why you say that?
imagine two foreigners meet each other, can't they speak their own language to each other?
yes, there are some shanghainese not so good as you expect
but what about rest cities in China,
please don't be silly on this
You don't need to stay here if you don't want to
try to slap the people you dislike, that maybe help(explain to the policeofficer what you said in the forum)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-20 23:27:46 |Display all floors

I have the right to stay in this city

It seems that many people that if you dislike a city ,then you have to get out of it ,i can't see any sense in this theory .I am a chinese citizen ,i have the right to stay in any city of this country .Can you expect every body in a place to like it ?!
Besiedes,i want to make it clear that i do think there are still a lot of shanghai locals are quite friendly and approachable just like anywhere else.But it's the city's mentality that it's superior than any other place in china ,the shanghai locals call people from other provinces "xiang nian"--an insultive address,.if you are from hongkong or taiwan ,you will be first-class citizen intheir eyes,hehe ,it's not only the case in shanghai ,i have to admit

crazycarl was quite right that shanghai should be more open ,as it's an international city ,i am afreaid at the moment ,the people here have a lot to learn ,first is to respect every people as equal ,so easy a principle ,but can's be seen in this city ,money and origin of birth determine everything

I am currently studying at a shanghai university as amaster's candidate ,if any one wants to make friends with me or exchange opinions ,can reach me at sullivan0513@yahoo.com.cn

I once again proclaim that I have the very right to stay in any city in china even if i dislike it ,my undeniable right!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-21 20:54:36 |Display all floors

agree

I 100% agree with Sullivan Lee. Not all, but the majority of Shanghainese are arrogant idiots.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-21 21:49:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sullivanlee at 2006-11-16 10:38
I have come to this city for more than one year, i love this city ,it's so modern and fabulous ,with lots of great opportunities for people like me who want to "dig gold" here .
But i re ...

I'M NOT QUITE AGREE WITH YOU...

SOME PEOPLE DO LIKE WHAT YOU SAY...BUT NOT ALL

THIS KIND OF COMMENT SEEMS RIDICULOUS

YOU CAN NO USE OWN EXPERIENCE TO INSULT ALL OTHER PEOPLE

YOU'D BETTER FIND THE REASONS FIRST WHY YOU ARE NOT WELCOMED BY OTHERS

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-21 22:06:28 |Display all floors
i don't like Shanghainese either. in my daily work,i received many calls from Shanghai,i just can't indure them ,and sometimes i nearly wanna to throw away my phone set . i just won't like the Shanghai-mandarin! i mean the tune-pattern .i don't know wehther u can understand what i wanna say.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-22 10:17:42 |Display all floors

May harmony prevail in China!

Originally posted by tony_tao at 2006-11-21 22:06
i don't like Shanghainese either. in my daily work,i received many calls from Shanghai,i just can't indure them ,and sometimes i nearly wanna to throw away my phone set . i just won't like the Shan ...

I fully understand your feeling ,it's true and pervasive ,this city is famous for discrimnating peole from other provinces like the Amercian south for discrimnating the black people.
I really hope that harmony is the main rethem of this country ,after all ,we are all chinese .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-22 10:40:42 |Display all floors
hahahi am not local, dont even speak chinese! oh well i love the city and love the people.

Since i dont understand what they are saying it likes " playing music to a OX " LMAOhahhahah
:lol:lol:lolcall me for a beer

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.