Views: 22700|Replies: 9

Chinese Emperor Kangxi and French King Louis XIV... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-11-16 10:11:53 |Display all floors
One was a studious scholar, the other an energetic dancer. Both were great rulers. Emperor Kangxi loved science and studied advanced western theories diligently, while King Louis XIV loved dancing ballet, earning his nickname the Sun King after appearing onstage as the sun god Apollo. Despite the sharp difference in their personalities and hobbies, they shared a common interest in science development in their owncountries.

King Louis established the France Academy of Science where scientists gathered weekly. Similarly, Emperor Kangxi set up the Institute of Mathematics, and had western works translated.

And, why the two countries, about 300 years ago, went in extremely different ways? One towards decline and the other industrious prosperity?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-16 10:15:42 |Display all floors

Kangxi and King Louis XIV

King Louis XIV.jpg
Emperor Kangxi.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-16 10:24:17 |Display all floors
it was probably the ways they chose for the development of their respective country that make the difference...!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-16 13:51:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chiaike at 2006-11-16 10:11
One was a studious scholar, the other an energetic dancer. Both were great rulers. Emperor Kangxi loved science and studied advanced western theories diligently, while King Louis XIV loved dancing  ...

Pls note you are wrong as during Emperor Kangxi time, China was really prosperous!!! :)

It was after Emp. Qianlong time, that China declined all caused by that woman Dowager!!!
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

bossel has been deleted
Post time 2006-11-18 03:15:40 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-18 14:10:09 |Display all floors
Kang xi?? kidding me right? He and his father plus grandfather and a gang of slaughters bloodily killed and stolen the whole China...just like what Genghis khan did to the Chinese, they're all invaders!
Well, but they never admit they were chinese themselves!---So is his grandson Qianlong, and so is empress Ci Xi---they never admit themselves being Chinese) qian long ever said "I'm not chinese", and later during the "political reform" in modern history, aiming at learning from the West, it's turned down by ci xi, cause she said the reform "will save china but won't save our qing", and she aslo said "I'd rather hand over china to those foreigners, than giving it back to those domestic slaves!" Who are you? Slaves! They couldn't even represent chinese, what they did was slaughter and steal the chinese, the history of chinese ends in Ming dynasty and relive in min guo era.
In the ancient, Ming is not only "dynasty" but aslo an independent country! So is kangxi and his ancestors' independent country "Jin" which locates in the north and later invade China there...it's not a civil war, it's a war between two different countries.

I wonder why all these history problems got so confused today, even when people like president Mao and Carl Max all those people had a clear view of these...

I think it's those false tv series sugaring up so-called great emperors, with ridiculous history knowledge have done too much harm to people's mind!

[ Last edited by superkylin at 2006-11-18 02:11 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-20 15:26:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by superkylin at 2006-11-18 14:10
Kang xi?? kidding me right? He and his father plus grandfather and a gang of slaughters bloodily killed and stolen the whole China...just like what Genghis khan did to the Chinese, they're all inva ...

Paradise story teller!!!
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.