Author: hepcat

No religion, no tooth fairy, no god... grow up! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-4 07:45:07 |Display all floors

Reply #28 --- jetsam's post...

You did not answer my question on how one determines when a nation does or does not belong to its people.

And your 'reply'/comment brings up another question:  "If you claim that Anglo/Americans currently live in areas they took unlawfully, then you should also agree that the Han majority of mainland China unlawfully took land from multiple ethnic minorities of Eastern Asia.  When will the Han return this land to the Eastern Asian minorities?

If you claim that China is not one big happy family of integrated tribes/races, then you would have to admit the same for all the English speaking lands you mentioned.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-4 13:51:23 |Display all floors

Reply #29 nosferatu's post

careful there Mr. nosferatu...
Mr. Jetsam is a "smart manipulator"....

He just manipulated you to say that about the Han or Tang Chinese!

ha ha ha

Anyway, Mr. Jetsam is way off his bonker about the Amerikan Regime...
I doubt the Amerikan Regime is fully WASP!
It's more like a bargain between Celtic Catholics Vs WASP + Jewish chanting jokers!

Green Dragon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-7 21:36:05 |Display all floors

The set of things disappearing:

A perhaps uncomfortable fact:

Evolution is demonstrable in the laboratory. Showing evolution to children or adults in a scientific manner is child's play. We can show the "demon" evolution in 1 summer by using Drosophila fruit flies to selectively breed in or out wing characteristics. Evolution in fact will continue to be an avant garde technology in genetic research despite superstition about stem cell research and other things which "Mister God" or Mister M-J.M  (moses jesus mohammed     the terrible threesome bugaboo of a third of humanity ) would forbid us (the human race) to do or look at.  

Indeed religions have a vested sort of bizarre interest in instilling fear in people and discouraging investigation into matters scientific.

The set of some things disappearing from the human race:

the appendix

larynx tonsil structure ( remanants from the gills of our amphibian exodus from the water)

small toe and fingers

and otherts.

It is also clear that certain virus or DNA altering characteristics are selected across generations at the genetic level,  for example in ants altruism has been studied rather extensively exhibiting a genetic component.

There IS speculation that there is a genetic component to religiosity; I have a scientific podcast on the matter if anyone cares for the particulars - PM me.

However there is no doubt that the DNA we transmit often exhibits a sort of experimentation with characteristics from generation to generation.

I am no geneticist, but I place the previous material in the context of what I am with to point out now:

As the human race advances in the sense of science and humanism over superstition and predatory barbarism, the road to the future will see less religion in the same sense that we see hypotrophy of tonsils and appendices in homo erectus.

There is no tooth fairy but still your tonsils are dimenishing because of evolution whether you believe it or not. There is no santa claus even though presents may still appear in your dreams. There is no god and you are free from religion; grow up.
Thus be circuitous and entice the enemy,reaching goals before him: artifice of DEVIATION- SunTze

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-7 21:42:39 |Display all floors

I'll add on that...

I'll add on that...

One of the leading edge scientists, a Nobel prize winner / psychiatrist living in New York city entertains the speculation that amongst genetic experimentation by the human race religioncharqacteristics play a part  as the human genome refines itself - in a very elegant podcast interview.
Thus be circuitous and entice the enemy,reaching goals before him: artifice of DEVIATION- SunTze

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-8 12:37:00 |Display all floors

Reply #31 hepcat's post

Evolution is very interesting!

Like we often say in "Life is constantly changing"!
Won't be surprise to see human looking like those Science fiction characters...large heads, small limbs, extra large eyes, ears sensitive tonque, fingers and skin to sense better!

cheeerios!

Green Dragon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-8 19:52:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2006-12-8 12:37
Evolution is very interesting!

Like we often say in "Life is constantly changing"!
Won't be surprise to see human looking like those Science fiction characters...large heads, small li ...

Yeah I know. I've sometimes fantasized that those alians might just as well be our aftercommers, travelling back in time to harvest some lost genes after a tweeking experiment that went seriously wrong

But anyways, evolution amongst the living is kind of easy stuff. The problem is the evolution from dead things to living bacteria. I don't doubt it happend as I see it more probable that a single cell would suddenly appear, then that some kind of devine being, complex beyond comprehension would, then creating the entire universe in just 7days according christian believes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-8 20:29:58 |Display all floors
Religion does more than this...

religions have a vested sort of bizarre interest in instilling fear in people and discouraging investigation into matters scientific

Traditionally, religious organizations have been governmental and quasi-governmental organizations.  As such, they can be authoritarian and use fear to control people.  But governments still use fear to control people.  In fact, use of fear to control others is as simple as a mother shouting at her children.  

Scientifically, the vast amount of science we know today is based upon research that was funded by religious organizations.  Hundreds of years ago, only religious people were educated enough and smart enough to produce new scientific discoveries.  Only religious organizations could gather enough resources together for new research.

You folks just don't know your history.  That's because you're politically brainwashed.  Even those who are dissenters choose politically-approved paths of disagreement.

龙年顺顺利利

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.