Author: chairman

Foreign women... label Beijing a dating wasteland [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-11-27 00:21:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by liangzai at 2006-11-25 02:07
Dunno how old you are, but going to the uni library is teh ----... that's the usual pickup place.

I'm 35. The students are a bit out of my league... do the prof's hang out there?

And if you are serious, you go to a Chinese only establishment, such as a bar, tuck away all your pride, all your shyness and start being practical about things. Because the Chinese guys are like 13 year old boys, they are not used to these white chics.

Oh it sounds so cute! Yikes. You're right, I do need to get out more, and talk more. But going to a bar by myself seems weird, I'm not the bar type to begin with. Would I be better off with a female chinese friend?  (er, I mean to go places with, sort of like a buffer, not *instead of* a guy )

Oh, and if you break up, don't worry about all of his friends "breaking up" too, that's normal..

What do you mean by his friends breaking up too? I don't follow you... ... ?
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-27 00:36:15 |Display all floors
I agree with you, freakyqi. Though there are many overweight people in the US, and thus, proportionately, many overweight people from the US traveling around the world, I hardly think every single one of them was fat. There are a few possibilities here for chairman--either he was working at a foreigners' fat camp in China (as you suggested); his standards for "overweight" are such that anything larger than a rail-thin Chinese girl is considered "fat" to him; or he finds it easier to categorize all foreign women as "fat," and thus only really sees what he wants to see (ie, fat). I'm thinking back to my 60-student study abroad group from my time in China. Of that group, one girl was overweight, but not very, and another was curvy. "Curvy" is sometimes used as a euphemism for "fat," but she really was just curvy--small waist, large boobs and hips. So... 2 out of 60, and that's just my small social circle. Hmmm...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-27 01:19:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2006-11-27 00:21

What do you mean by his friends breaking up too? I don't follow you... ... ?

I just mean that what seems to be friendship might just be courtesy from his friends' side; they are your friend as long as you are his sweetheart. Friendship can take a long time to build in China.

Yeah, I think you should get some female pals; they can help you sort out the men, show you the places and so on.

Bars are the only viable options, since most Chinese socialize in set groups, playing majiang, eating at the restaurant, having massage at the water spa and so on. If you're not in you're not in.
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2006-11-27 01:48:08 |Display all floors

# 27 Freakyqi

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-27 01:53:53 |Display all floors

Sockmonkey you wrote this...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-27 02:03:46 |Display all floors

china is more like than the west than chairman would admit.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-27 02:06:53 |Display all floors

Ricbon

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.