Author: copchen

姚明牌女用卫生巾C-E [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-11-12 18:00:55 |Display all floors
either sanitary towel or sanitary pad is ok to mean that thing. there are so many different type of it: super-thin, anti-bacterial, herbal, etc(i just name a few) .

tampon isn't right here which actually is another thing. you can find what it looks like by Google's picture searching.
私は花の子です。名前はルンルンです。。。。。。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-12 18:16:49 |Display all floors
Use image google to verify the two phrases...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-12 18:58:52 |Display all floors
I think "sanitary napkin" (or sanitary pad) is a much more common term in the US, "sanitary towel" is, apparently, a UK term.

The difference between a sanitary napkin, pad or towel and a tampon is that the sanitary napkin, etc. is in the form of a thickish cotton pad and is outside the body; a  tampon is cylindrical and absorbent and meant to be inserted.

Apparently, Yao is not keen about the idea and will oppose the application.
中文我不会读也不会写。Really, I don't.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-12 19:45:04 |Display all floors
当姚明听到国内有“姚明牌女用卫生巾”出售这个可笑消息时﹐自己也觉得啼笑皆非。

upon the ridiculous news that one sanitary towel for women in China using the name exactly the same with his name for marketing, Yaoming really didn't know how to respond.

[ Last edited by qinger at 2006-11-12 06:02 PM ]

modification:
Yao Ming was rather surprised when he learned his name was applied for the marketing of  one female sanitary napkin in China.
私は花の子です。名前はルンルンです。。。。。。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-13 10:44:08 |Display all floors
A Guangdong Province resident has applied to register the name of Chinese basketball star Yao Ming as a trademark for sanitary pads.
and the best term used in the States for 卫生巾 is the one used in the lavatory or toilet of Boeing 757 airplane is not sanitary not the towel or pad, i remember copying it somewhere but cannot remember well right now..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-13 10:46:45 |Display all floors
,which is not sanitary not the towel or pad.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.