Author: chairman

Only in America.....oh dear... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-11-5 10:00:43 |Display all floors
For the sake of that one guy, I'd rather see them all on life sentences. The one guy has a chance for an appeal. If he's dead, no chance.

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2006-11-5 10:15:54 |Display all floors

Well Sockmonkey

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-5 10:37:59 |Display all floors

Cestmoi...

"So you see yourself as the judge, the jury and the executioner? "

No...  only a man with a defensive weapon.  I have been trained in it's use.  I don't go looking for trouble but statistically I know it's out there looking for me.  

There are people that want to steal my car, steal my money, steal what's in my home....
There are people that want to rape my wife or my daughters...
There are people that want to kill me just for fun...
There are people high on drugs...
There are terrorists..

If attacked ot threatened I can defend my life and property, that is my right and duty to my family

I have already made the decision what I would do, so I won't have to make a judgement
I will be the only one responsible for my actions so no need for a jury
I may not kill them, as my intent is only to stop them from doing me harm   

I'd prefer to call it dispensing justice....   Only bad people need to worry about me....
Communication is the most important source of personal power.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2006-11-5 16:20:46 |Display all floors

I am very busy today

Originally posted by plasmalupus at 2006-11-5 10:37

No...  only a man with a defensive weapon.  I have been trained in it's use.  I don't go looking for trouble but stat ...

I find this thread really appealing to me but
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2006-11-5 16:23:54 |Display all floors

I continue

Originally posted by xilaren at 2006-11-5 16:20

I find this thread really appealing to me but

My time is limited at the moment so I will only have one question for chairman.
If your son was accused of a criminal action which kind of punishment you would like him to receive?
the chinese or the american?
Relly interesting topic ,I will come back later.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2006-11-5 19:56:25 |Display all floors

Chinese

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-6 00:22:38 |Display all floors

American Justice...

If I were to shoot somebody...  let's say they were on my property in the middle of the night trying to steal my car...   first shot to the body, second shot in the head.   They are dead, very dead....

This being Texas, laws are still on the books for killing "horse theives".......

Technically, I have killed them and by your term am "their executioner"   Ok, I can live with that.

There would them be an arraignment before a judge and I would either be held in jail or released based on the circumstances.

There would then be a Grand Jury investigation which would then determine if I had acted within my rights and if any  crime had been committed.

Then even if it is determined that I was justified if shooting the criminal and am innocent, I could then be run through the system again by his family in civil court... where they could try and get money from me for killing him.

This even applies to police in America that kill the bad guys....   because there are bad cops here too!

The good news is that most bad guys and their families, that steal, rape, kill, do drugs, etc. don't have lots of money to hire lawyers.   If they did the system would be even more screwed up than it is.  

On the opposite side is the fact that the rich in America can get away with murder because in this crooked system, justice can be bought.  

Fact is that America is a dangerous place, I was born here, I live and work here.  I hope for the best but plan for the worst.   Had a father that from experience advised to shoot first, ask questions later.  

So again, not judge, not jury.....  only executioner.   

What would you do if a naked crazy man pulled a knife out of his ass and threatened to kill you?
Communication is the most important source of personal power.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.