Author: chairman

RACISTS - [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-11-4 17:29:12 |Display all floors

English

If it was in Fijian territorial waters, then its presence would be subject to applicable international or Fijian laws.

If it were... it is conditional. Try not to multilate the Queen's good English!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-4 17:31:09 |Display all floors
There is racism everywhere .........

Anyone got a positive subject to discuss? Hmmmmmm .....
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-4 17:48:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cestmoi at 2006-11-4 19:29
If it were... it is conditional. Try not to multilate the Queen's good English!

So I presume, therefore, that's the only problem you can find with my remarks on this issue.

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2006-11-4 11:12 PM ]
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2006-11-4 21:17:33 |Display all floors

The Whites of your Lies...

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2006-11-5 00:57:47 |Display all floors

difficult for me to answer about greece

Originally posted by chairman at 2006-11-4 21:17
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-6 06:27:17 |Display all floors
Does anyone want to comment on racism in Singapore? Whampy perhaps?

Racism where the Malays and Indians are the ones being mistreated .... You see there is racism everywhere: Singapore is multi-racial but which is the dominant ethnicity? Point proven.
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-6 16:03:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tmphgt at 2006-11-6 08:27
Does anyone want to comment on racism in Singapore? Whampy perhaps?

Racism where the Malays and Indians are the ones being mistreated .... You see there is racism everywhere: Singapore is multi-racial but which is the dominant ethnicity? Point proven.

I like Singapore, and all the Singaporeans I have met, well except for one would be rip-off merchant in a shop off Orchard Road who quoted me a ludicrous price on an Icom IC-R1.

Anyway, despite their wonderful clean city and nice people, there is or was a problem with institutionalised racism.
A while back I read that ethnic Chinese Singaporeans have compulsory military service, whereas Malays and Indians do not have to do Military service.
This would appear to indicate that the Malays and Indians are not trusted as much.
Mind you things aren't any better in Malaysia as the various laws favour the Bumiputra, "sons of the soil" or the ethnic Malay majority. Chinese people suffer discrimination in Malaysia (and Indonesia), and appear responsible for some discrimination in Singapore.

JB
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.