Author: chairman

INTERESTING SUBJECT: [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-11-5 07:02:11 |Display all floors

Closer cooperation betw China, Japan and Korea

That  would be ideal. A CJK-market similar to the EU or, short of that, NAFTA.

There seems to be a lot of deep seated resentment in East Asia and South East Asia against the Japanese. Up 'til recently, Japan simply threw money at the problems. That helped a bit, but I believe Japan needs to put more effort into diplomacy and reconciliation with her neighbours.

Bear in mind it is not just China or Korea who suffered under the Japanese occupation, but also Thailand, the Philippines, Vietnam and Singapore. I am sure a lot of Americans still believe the Japanese "pre-emptive strike" at Pearl Harbour was an act which deserved contempt.

And another thing,  Australia is an anti-example, seeing how Australia has just antagonized all Oceania. I am not passing a judgement on who is right and who is wrong. I am merely saying that Australia is a bad example when it comes to diplomacy and good-neighbourly relationship. Australia tends to bully their way through with abuses and where Australia thinks it can get away with it, with force.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-5 07:08:29 |Display all floors

Remembrance and honour

Chairman, I think we are looking at this from the wrong angle.

No one is celebrating "defeat". It is about remembrance. We remember those who fought for the country, made the ultimate sacrifice and paid with the ultimate price.

I think it would be good for us Chinese to remember those who fought and died. There were those who fought the predatory colonial powers and died for China. There were those who fought the Japanese occupation and paid the ultimate price. There were those who fought to unite China and made the ultimate sacrifice.

Yes they died and yes we Chinese lost in more battles than I'd care to read about, but it seems to me now that we have won the war!

We have won the war on the back of the sacrifices of those who died in the battles.

So I believe we should honour them with a remembrance day.

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2006-11-5 07:20:52 |Display all floors

I agree with that...

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-5 07:21:48 |Display all floors

Cestmoi # 30

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-5 09:57:37 |Display all floors

Because.....

ITS POLITICALLY INCORRECT TO CELEBRATE VICTORY IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.  

The whole damm USA has had sensitivity training and to celebrate victory over another would surely offend someone or some country.   And the references you cited are not actually celebrated, it's more of a way to remember the past, and honor the poor bastards on all sides that died and what a waste war really is....

When I was in Shanghai I bought a video about the "Rape of Nanjing"   I'd heard of this event in historical context but the details were not something I was an expert on.  This is something I don't think is "celebrated" in China but surley needs to never be forgotten....   

I think it's more about the "if you don't remember the past you are bound to repeat it"
Communication is the most important source of personal power.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-5 10:10:59 |Display all floors

Yes...I can see that...as well...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-5 10:20:18 |Display all floors

Well maybe I will not shut up...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.