Author: beaksw

Good Movies to study English [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-11-6 10:44:03 |Display all floors
I am also very impressed by Braveheart and the last word the leading actor said when he died: FREEDOM.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-8 19:14:12 |Display all floors
I recommend the sitcoms-prison break,deparate housewives,sex and the city.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-14 17:34:11 |Display all floors
I go in for watching movies, and I'm also fond of viewing English films. The movies "brave heart", "waiting alone"(《独自等待》, a Chinese one), <wax house>(《恐怖蜡象馆》)... are my favourites. Through watching movies, we are capable of experiencing a different kind of life in a short time; through viewing English films, we can also get familiar with English daily expressions and taste a different culture, a different thinking mode from ours.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-15 04:40:22 |Display all floors
The sitcom 'Friends' is great for pickig up the natural English of New York (inlcuding slang and accents).

There are lots of different accents in the show 'Lost' (British, American, Australian).

For British accents, some of the best films to watch are Notting Hill, Love Actually, Four Weddings and a Funeral .... etc etc

Brian

Grammar comics (and MOVIES) ... www.grammarmancomic.com

[ Last edited by boydegg at 2006-11-16 05:07 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-14 16:43:38 |Display all floors

World Tread Center

Nicolas Cage's new film, about the city officers during the 911 tragedy, I don't know whether other people had a strong feeling after seeing this movie, I did, actually I even cried when the 911 happened, I saw my classmates, teachers, and almost everyone I met were excited about this, I didn't blame them or argue with them, I just thought that 2700 people were killed in the most secure place was the most terrible thing I can ever  imagine. So after I saw this movie, it pulled me back to that moment when I was staring at the videos of the tragedy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-19 16:28:35 |Display all floors
I think so too.English movies is helpful.But it is hard to me ,at least currently.If there are no chinese caption,on the whole,i do not know what they say.Maybe I have not  attained the bourn.Put on steam!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.