Author: whataboutbob

<< arranged marriage? >> [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-10-30 11:25:45 |Display all floors

to #7

Combine the advantages... hmm. So maybe if parents wanting to arrange a marriage for a child, they could pick out maybe 5-10 potential spouses, send the child out on dates with all of them, and see how the chemistry works. That wouldn't be so bad.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-30 12:03:37 |Display all floors
those perants u mentioned in China will never do that...! they've been taught since childhood to take a serious and responsible attitude towards marriage life...!  Picking out 5-10 potential spouses for their kid to date with is totally against their value about life,...! no, they 'll never do that...!!! never!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-30 13:01:26 |Display all floors
This is common for Chinese in Feudal times.....
haha......

Let's ask them...

Were they happy with their marriage?
当一切已成灰--放手,让一切随风如水。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-30 13:07:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by whataboutbob at 2006-10-30 05:43
My roomate and I took a trip to a nearby University this weekend to see his girlfriend.  Unknown to me, they also set me up with a girl !!   She was very nice, but I said no thanks, we will be nice ...

Why not give yourself  a chance?
Maybe you can love her.....or another girl..perhaps...
当一切已成灰--放手,让一切随风如水。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-30 13:08:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by whataboutbob at 2006-10-30 05:43
My roomate and I took a trip to a nearby University this weekend to see his girlfriend.  Unknown to me, they also set me up with a girl !!   She was very nice, but I said no thanks, we will be nice ...

yes,possible,chance 60%
***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-30 13:42:22 |Display all floors
I know that in China even hundred years ago, some girls still had the rights to say no if they didn't like the men and if their parents loved their daughters. The girl could peek the man in her home while he visiting her parents. So the girl has the chance to watch the man how he looks and talks.
Arranged marriage may not be a bad thing if the parents know the compatibility of both parties.
Vision without action is illusion---Y.J.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-30 15:03:22 |Display all floors
No! Noway!
Some people like the so-called arranged marriage, in some rural areas parents even buy wives for their sons, but that is very rare now.
A lot of young people prefer free choice.
It is possilbe to fall in love after the marriage, but not always.
God helps those who help themselves!
Conquer fear, avarice and idleness!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.