Author: chairman

GOOGLE cheats CHINA internet laws with Encryption...? [Copy link] 中文

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2006-10-29 17:31:06 |Display all floors

# 20

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-29 17:33:14 |Display all floors
Fine, but show me what, how, who, when and where please :)

Google is just a search engine which trawls content based on tags or paid promotion ... The target content could still be blocked.
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-29 17:33:32 |Display all floors

Mr. Liangzai

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-29 17:38:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by canchin at 2006-10-29 15:53

So, China needs your - or someone else's perhaps - permission to be "on the internet" in whatever manner China chooses, does she?

Yes. China was allowed to join the internet only in 1994, as the USDoS signed the agreement (after China bribed American companies to come and build the infrastructures needed). Initially Clinton wanted to not only disallow China to join (because of the events five years earlier), but also ban trade altogether with China. There you go.

Now, since Clinton did the right thing and opted for influence through cooperation, I think you should reciprocate a bit instead of displaying this hubris.

Here's a news flash for you...China is a sovereign nation. China has the right to do what she wants, when she wants, and with whatever suits her to do with anything that impacts, effects, enters or leaves China either as physical, intellectual, spiritual, cyber, or whatever.

China can do whatever it wants within its borders, but if it wants to partake in a global (outside China's borders) network, it has to abide by the rules. Switching China off the internet is as easy as deleting one line in any of the root servers (neither of which reside in China, for very obvious reasons). Build your own intertubes!

Odd isn't it though that a foreigner would be so pompous and self-important as to think that the foreigner has the right to dictate to China what she and her people can or cannot do?

The rules for the internet are easy: there are no rules. If you want to change that, then build your own intahweb! The thing is thus quite the opposite of what you state: YOU want to change the free flow of information because YOU have a political problem, whereas the free world doesn't.
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-29 17:41:37 |Display all floors

tmphgt

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-29 17:43:05 |Display all floors
Ok chairman.

Originally posted by chairman at 29-10-2006 09:41 AM
I can hardly walk without two to assist me..

Catherine and ????
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-29 17:43:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chairman at 2006-10-29 17:33
ahhh...

no confusion sir...

it is Google...

Google is using encryption in the censoring system, but they do not use encryption in the transmission phase.
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.