Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2006-10-29 13:51:35 |Display all floors

Liangzai

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-29 13:59:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by silentshock at 2006-10-29 13:46

Clearly they are intelligent and resourceful, but their talents are being wasted.

Yes, that's an accurate conclusion.
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-29 14:24:17 |Display all floors
Where is the incentive?

What good would be served by Google violating one of the newest agreements it has made with the government of China?  Google is in China to make money.  If it violates all its agreements, then how can it expect the Chinese to cooperate with it?  Google passports denied entry while others receive quick attention?  Google servers blocked completely, not just the part that was once encrypted?  Google's presentation of RMB for conversion denied or their accounts inside the PRC frozen?  

Ultimately, it makes little sense for Google to violate the terms of its own operating agreement with the PRC.  It would just give its competitors a hand up in market.  Besides, a person who can read English and understands the outside world is already politically indoctrinated into either communism or capitalism.  Each political doctrine as taught discourages mass public violence as ineffective.  Communism says "who started this mess?"  Capitalism says "who's gonna pay for this mess?"  Niether political theory teaches that messes effective ways to change things.  So internet freedom in English looks like trusting the foxes with the henhouse, but the truth is that all those foxes were de-fanged long ago.

龙年顺顺利利

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-29 15:53:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by liangzai at 2006-10-29 12:07

If China wants to be on the internet,  

Well now, isn't that pompous of you!

So, China needs your - or someone else's perhaps - permission to be "on the internet" in whatever manner China chooses, does she?

You are quite the idiot aren't you?

Here's a news flash for you...China is a sovereign nation. China has the right to do what she wants, when she wants, and with whatever suits her to do with anything that impacts, effects, enters or leaves China either as physical, intellectual, spiritual, cyber, or whatever.

Odd isn't it though that a foreigner would be so pompous and self-important as to think that the foreigner has the right to dictate to China what she and her people can or cannot do?

Well, maybe not all that odd after all since so many foreigners are so low on the intellectual and ethical scale as to wallow in the self-delusion that their dictates must immediately be obeyed by China and Chinese people.

<Edited because I forgot the "p" in pompous. >

[ Last edited by canchin at 2006-10-30 11:36 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-29 16:19:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chairman at 28-10-2006 02:55 AM
I am told...

that GOOGLE has an Encryption option...

I would like to see this ... Do you have a reference for how or where the option is?

My reasons are purely IT-related, I want to see what Google is doing :)
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-29 17:28:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tmphgt at 2006-10-29 16:19

I would like to see this ... Do you have a reference for how or where the option is?

My reasons are purely IT-related, I want to see what Google is doing :)

I think he is confusing Google with Wikipedia (which has encryption available).
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.