Author: finley

a quarrel with my roommate,who can help me? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-10-25 02:33:48 |Display all floors

u don't need to have a quarrel with him

because there are no witness between you two, so quarrelling is not good for u.

if this person is not sensible, just ignore him, and find another accomodation, or ask help from police. don't care about relationships with him, if he disrespect you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-25 09:45:36 |Display all floors
It's hard to ignore someone if you're living with them and they smell bad. And bringing in the police sounds a bit harsh. How about a mutual friend to mediate?

First try talking to him yourself in a calm way. I once had a problem with a roommate who didn't clean up after himself, and unfortunately he had a bit of a temper, so he was hard to deal with. Luckily, he and my boyfriend were friends, so my boyfriend talked with both of us to help. But what you have to do is get him at a good time (not when he's busy or angry or something) and present your problem with a calm voice. Don't be confrontational; be polite about it.

Tell him that the room belongs to both of you, and you must both be responsible for the messes in it. If you both produce about equal amounts of garbage, you should take turns taking out the garbage (but if you produce a lot more garbage, you should be responsible for the excess, and so on). And if his personal hygiene is really bad, tell him that you like him as a person, but you'd appreciate it if he bathed more frequently and so on, because right now, his smell is distracting you. Most people would rather know that they smell bad so they can do something about it. Buy him a bar of good soap; get him a new toothbrush and toothpaste. That might help.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-25 11:35:33 |Display all floors
oh,i think it is really hard to live with this kind of people.

God bless you.

Try your best to persuade him,but in good tone.
"Printer Consumables" Manufacturer ------MSN:mydearlotus@hotmail.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-25 15:04:30 |Display all floors
well,time will make it through,wish you good luck
爱情什么都象,就是不象爱情...Love is a Fallacy

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.