Views: 5203|Replies: 10

a quarrel with my roommate,who can help me? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-10-22 14:24:36 |Display all floors
The other day  i had a quarrel with my roommate because of dealing with rubbish.
i wanted to deal with them at once,but he insisted i should go to look wether there was the person who collect the waste things outside.
as a matter of fact i saw the person at noon when i went to have dinner and i told him at the moment.
but he still insisted on it. then i had a little anger, said to him" this business belongs to us, but me. why always i go to handle it>?
he thought i got angry with others and had transfered it  to him.i continued to say " yet i cannot image how dirty our dorm get that just like your personal sanitation!"

in fact, he didn't form a good habit since he just was a child. for example, he alomost don't take a bath until we cannot suffer from his smell. he always don't brush teeth when he would be late for the class. his bad habits have impact on us.
now we don't talk on purpose. but i felt embarrassed when there left our two person.
i hope time can ask us to forget it.
Real beauty lies not in the physical appearance,
but in the heart.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-22 18:43:24 |Display all floors
if his hygene is a problem finley then you have taken the only course open to you , you have told him, if he cannot take your concerns on board and deal with it then he will have health issues later, it may be a good idea to reiterate to him that that your anger was as a result of him ignoring your request to help clean up some of the mess and that you were disapointed in his reaction, remind him that his actions are affecting other people as well and that you are just looking out for everyones best interest, keep in mind though he may not be able to fix his hygene over night it will take a while for him to learn new habits and discard the old ones.
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-22 23:25:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by finley at 2006-10-22 14:24
The other day  i had a quarrel with my roommate because of dealing with rubbish.
i wanted to deal with them at once,but he insisted i should go to look wether there was the person who collect the  ...

I believe the current situation provided a very good opportunity for your roomate to learn how to share responsiblity and learn to live hamonously with another individual under the same roof. He will thank you for your calm approach and patience (if he intends to have a wife in the future). The kind of skills that he is acquiring now (with your help) would be beneficial for him in his hamonous relationship with his future life-long partner.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-23 00:33:20 |Display all floors
take it easy
lots of people behaved like your roommate
if he don't concern your complaination, you may tell teacher
Her wishful face haunts my dreams like the rain at night.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-23 01:56:32 |Display all floors
hmmm a scrub brush, bar of soap, pillow case and 4-5 friends and the problems will be solved.
One of every 4 people is mentaly  ill. Think of your
3 best friends, if they're okay, it's you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-23 15:02:28 |Display all floors

you'd better be broad-minded

Hmm, Finley, I can understand your feeling very much. To over come this embarrassment between you and him, you’d better say sorry to him--you should be broad-minded and don’t take the same sense as him, sending him a text message is a better choice if you’re shy to do that, and try to join in the conversations of your roommates including him as like nothing had happened to you. In your text message, explain clearly to him that you didn’t mean to scold him but really wanted him to know hygiene was important for our health and reminded him of forming a good habit in his sake. You are all responsible to dorm’s hygiene. We should all work together to keep environment sanitation well. All the above is only FYI, thanks!
Whatever happens, I am still keeping on hope.

Yours,
Sandy

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-24 17:29:41 |Display all floors
Actually I do suffer the same as you.One roomate she did not take shower and did not like to wash her clothes. But u know, if some others out of our dom knows it, she will considers it as a serious thing.
Firstly we told her and if it is not ok, we would have a meeting with her to tell her it is so important.
But actually and finnaly it seems no effect on her.
So----------

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.