Author: tmphgt

Are you using Internet Explorer 7? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-9 23:10:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by liangzai at 8-12-2006 03:57 PM
Dump Microsoft, people; it's useless, it's antiquated, it's buggy, it's insecure, it's non-standard.  

Rubbish!

I know you like Macs (which have their own fair share of updates and the odd virus - including one which one of my clients could not remove using any known tools!) and open source (which can incur a higher TCO).

I prefer an open approach to selecting the right product to fit the solution. Sometimes it is Macs, sometimes Wintel PCs, sometimes UNIX, sometimes LINUX ....

Currently I am evaluating some Sun Ray boxes since thin-client seems to be back in fashion and quite viable now from a TCO perspective.

Of course the likes of Red Hat Enterprise Linux seem to go against the whole concept of free open source

At the end of the day, my Xbox 360 p*sses on any other games console, thanks MS
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-11 07:53:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tmphgt at 2006-12-7 10:36 PM

Nonsense ... I have IE7 running on a Pentium III laptop with 192 MB RAM.

IE7 was written for various reasons.

All the anti-MS/anti-Windows brigade need to go and actually find some fa ...

hey, pal--if you've claimed what you have for your system...then i just don't what to say, b/c i did upgrade all my systems to the latest solfwares from MS (my systems are recently bought, but 1 of the laptops has only 512mb...and it freezes constantly).  even MS tells you that before you even try too upgrade...and the new VISTA makes a lot of after markets mad (MS has their own security built-ins) .  again, are you sure your computer configurations is mentioned above?   P3 & 192mb it will crash your system mobo befroe you even notice the smoke coming out!

[ Last edited by pjtran at 2006-12-11 07:55 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.