Author: tmphgt

Are you using Internet Explorer 7? [Copy link] 中文

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2006-11-26 15:07:04 |Display all floors

mmm....

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-26 23:56:03 |Display all floors
I love my firefox tabs & links in the toolbar. I didn't like the tabs at first, about 6 months ago, but now I don't know how I did without them. The window is open all the way, taking up the whole screen, and I don't have ot open & close anything. With multiple windows open the little bars at the bottom in the taskbar would build up, and I hate when they get to the point where they stack vertically and you can't read each individual one anymore. I guess the tabs sort of solve that, I can see everything at once.

I set my "homepage" to actually be 3 pages, 3 things I always want to do right away . So every time I click firefox, 3 tabs automatically open. Neat!
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-27 00:08:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 26-11-2006 03:56 PM
I set my "homepage" to actually be 3 pages, 3 things I always want to do right away . So every time I click firefox, 3 tabs automatically open. Neat!

Ditto for IE7, I think.

People love to hate Microsoft as they do with any successful company

Anyway, I expect the Xbox 360 to thrash the PS3 - Gears of War kicks butt Go MS
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-27 00:12:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mikeghet at 26-11-2006 01:12 AM
Pages load much quicker than IE7.

With or without the IE7 Phishing-Filter? This will, of course, slow it down over some connections ...

Originally posted by mikeghet at 26-11-2006 01:12 AM
The greatest improvement, though, is the embedded SPELL checker!!  How much better does life get when you have a spell checker in your browser?   It's so fluid too you don't even have a time delay to index the corrected words.  It's not totally comprehensive, yet, but for now it is an advance unmatched by MS.

Yep, could be useful for some people here

I expect MS to follow at some point given the dynamic spellchecking in Windows Live mail ...

I am going to the Vista, Office 2007, Exchange 2007 launch because these products are going to be important in the sector that I work in.
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-6 21:21:48 |Display all floors
For all you anti-MS or anti-Windows people. Go and see MS and meet with the people there: the technical people are very open and honest.

Did you know that IE7 was re-written from the ground up? MS acknowledge that IE 6 was simply a re-hash of IE 5, which was simply a re-hash of IE 4. We are then going back to days when the whole browser landscape was different.

Go and learn about ForeFront Security and see what MS has been doing. You might also learn about how Anti-Trust legislation stops them doing more in the security/anti-malware realm.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-7 10:25:31 |Display all floors
The last Internet Excrement I used was versioin 5.5 - but that was only once in a while.

I have been using Firefox since it was in "pre-1.0" days and will never change back to Internet Excrement no matter how many of the ideas in Firefox are stolen - or should I say "adopted" by MS for inclusion in Internet Excrement 7...such as tabs.

Yes, there are some sites that are still so backward - like the MS site - that will only work - with all their functions - with Internet Excrement, but those sites are simply sites I don't visit. If I really need something from the MS site, I fire up IE5.5, download whatever I need, and go back to using a professional browser.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-7 10:44:25 |Display all floors

Internet Explorer 7...anyone?

greeting!  i'm using IE 7 and i don't find that very useful rather than annoying, cuz it requires at least 1gig of memory & bigger hard drive (it takes a lots of guts to run this sucker) .  i'm not so sure but i think IE 7 is getting ready for windows VISTA...and again you gotta have brand new MB (motherboard) , new memory DDR2 not DDR & minimum of 1gig to get the feel.  if you in need for speed, then you have to save & save then get your brand new TOY.    silicon valley is out there to get us!        truDAT

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.