Author: tmphgt

Are you using Internet Explorer 7? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-10-24 18:56:00 |Display all floors

Bout time they got up to speed

Personally I detest using Explorer and wouldnt even bother to try it.

A Fire Fox girl all the way...plus it has a cute fox...whats the point on changing?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-24 19:22:10 |Display all floors
Tabs do not improve browsing.

I used IE7 for about a week but I could not get Yahoo! music engine to play a video of the Black Eyed Peas, so I had to switch back to IE6.  7 has tabs and tabs do nothing but slow my browsing experience.  Also, I like to open the window as far as possible from top to bottom since I navigate with clicks inside the browser window.  IE7 uses more real estate.  I would like a browser that uses less space for the top and bottom blue bars and the top and bottom gray bars, even there's still a need for some navigational controls.

upgrading to the NEW, safer Internet Explorer 7

Yahoo says it's safer, but it nothing's more safe online than not going online, which is what the bloated IE7 encouraes people to do.  I guess it's really safe in that regard.

[ Last edited by matt605 at 2006-10-24 09:25 PM ]
龙年顺顺利利

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-24 20:29:40 |Display all floors

just in...

i got IE 7 for about 10 minutes now.

at first i didn't like it of course because EVERYTHING is different.  but now that i've changed it so i can have LINKS on the bar and the file menu back on top it's not too bad.  i hate how big the first tab is if it's by itself!!  god dang thing is so big it distracts me.  i hate the favorites menur being on the left side...and i hate the refresh button being on the top.  i don't think i can change the things i hate either..  why seperate the refresh witnh the home, tools, etc buttons/menus???  stop button is way too far from where the pointer normally is for me...i use stop every time i open a new frame (no sense in wasting a 1/8 of a second).

the Option dialog box under tools looks familar so tht's a good thing.  the language packs are on the source CD now where i think they had to be downloaded from MS previously, so that's good.

and oh, thank god ctrl+t opens a new tab and they dind't try to be cute and create a  new combo.

[edit] ok, flash isn't installing either.

did anyone else have to add the china daily bbs to the trusted sites list?

[ Last edited by mikeghet at 2006-10-24 08:32 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-25 05:53:24 |Display all floors
I use firefox and have no complaints,
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-2 03:11:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by fluffy at 24-10-2006 10:56 AM
Personally I detest using Explorer and wouldnt even bother to try it.

A Fire Fox girl all the way...plus it has a cute fox...whats the point on changing?

Errr ... Nice reasoned explanation about why you don't like IE

IE7 and Firefox are getting quite close in terms of what they do.

Well, given that XP ships with IE, what is the point in changing to Firefox!!! Actually, they are both fine as long as you keep your system updated and secure.

IE7 's tabs have grown on me but the site checking does slow it down a bit.
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-2 03:14:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mikeghet at 24-10-2006 12:29 PM
did anyone else have to add the china daily bbs to the trusted sites list?

Not me.

The which-is-better "IE vs Firefox" debate can drag on and on however most of my clients run Windows-based LANs and hence IE is the bundled solution. Anyway, I design secure systems so that the supposed issues with browser security holes are not a problem for me :)
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-26 09:12:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tmphgt at 11-2-2006 03:14

Not me.

The which-is-better "IE vs Firefox" debate can drag on and on however most of my clients run Windows-based LANs and hence IE is the bundled solution. Anyway, I design secur ...

FF 2.0 (not available to dl at getfirefox.com) is so much better than IE7.  First, FF didn't ruin the tool bars/menus/etc locations by moving them to assorted locations which makes it painful to use.   

FF sometimes has plugin issues, but I haven't used FF 2.0 long to see if this is still true with the new version.

Pages load much quicker than IE7.  

The greatest improvement, though, is the embedded SPELL checker!!  How much better does life get when you have a spell checker in your browser?   It's so fluid too you don't even have a time delay to index the corrected words.  It's not totally comprehensive, yet, but for now it is an advance unmatched by MS.

However, right now there aren't any Chinese dictionaries: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/dictionaries/?lang=en-US

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.