Author: tmphgt

Are you using Internet Explorer 7? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-10-20 21:54:30 |Display all floors
i'm using ie7 ~

it's "tabbed browsing" is just like that of Maxthon i'm using in my company, so i'm quite used to it.
win98 is not as good as winXP in many aspects

[ Last edited by windust at 2006-10-22 10:00 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-20 22:09:44 |Display all floors

Reply #9 tmphgt's post

tmphgt wrote "Er? Why is your copy of Windows XP not goint to be supported? Is it an illegal copy or something?"

Well, if you are using a legal copy of Windows-XP home edition, you should have had similar messages popping up on your screen. The fact that you do not know this, and ask a question of this nature of another person, gives a hint  that the question should perhaps be turned around and put to you. I am confident about the legality of my Windows-XP because it came as a bundle (CD, handbook and all) with the Compaq Presario 2500
bought from an international chain store.
Anyway, I wont labour the point, suffice it to say that there is a saying in Chinese
“以小人之心,度君子之腹。”which essentially means: using the mind of a small person to measure the capacity of a gentleman.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-20 22:26:26 |Display all floors

Reply: lobsang

You think my question was either rude or sinister? Well if so, you are wrong.

I am aware that support for Windows XP SP1 and SP1a got pulled on 10th October 2006 but I wouldn't expect anyone to still be running pre-SP2 Windows XP - therefore all you needed to say was that you are not running SP2. Simple!

If you think that I am surprised that you are not running SP2 then that would be correct. Perhaps I could have worded my questions differently I suppose ... So, let me just ask why you are not running SP2?
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-21 10:34:41 |Display all floors

Reply #17 tmphgt's post

Your question is based on the assumption that everyone knows about the existence of SP1, SP1a and SP2, which is not the case here.  So from some one who does not know about all these fine differences, the answer to your query is: you have asked a good question.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-21 17:28:36 |Display all floors

Reply: lobsang

Er .. Ok :)

So, if you move to SP2, all should be fine and you will continue to receive future post-SP2 updates, patches, fixes and add-ons.
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-21 22:07:16 |Display all floors
i don't use the IE for long time because it's too inconvenient.
And now i use the MAXTHON.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-21 22:26:17 |Display all floors
so do you drive a horse to work every day to avoid the greedy auto makers?   

windowx XP is so way better than win98 it's not even worth comparing the two.  maybe the home edition of XP sucks, but the professonal edition is not bad at all.  

besides, products like fedora, which is free with no support, is owned by redhat which sells server/enterprise editions of the same software which is not free (the service provided for it).  they are all in it to make money (some expections like free bsd of course), it's just that MS makes the most $$ and people always hate people that are richer than they are.

[ Last edited by mikeghet at 2006-10-20 06:08 PM ]  

i am  very agree with your appinion.i don`t like the peopel who hate the richer one.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.