Author: tmphgt

Is posting on the BBS a cure for insomnia? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-10-19 22:10:38 |Display all floors
Late night reading and posting on CD doesn't help me sleep.  Instead, it leads me to surf around for interesting ideas, and I stay awake a lot longer.

A better way for me is to read a serious, but dull book like "Guns, Germs and Steel" (the subject is interesting, but the writing style is dull).

If you count sex as an athletic activity then it's true that athletic activity can help you sleep.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-19 22:17:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cyberspook at 2006-10-19 13:47
I have looked into my problem T-Bird and it seems I have established a short term rem sleep patern where I am fully refreshed after only four hours, which I think is good eccept that if I am awaken ...

I am not a medical doctor, however, in my view, as long as you have a "complete" REM cycle (as you mentioned, a short REM), you are ok! Of course with the exception of  the "goddamned" pager which disrupted your REM and that was not ok.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-19 22:18:04 |Display all floors
It's a good way to kill time
GIVE ME YOUR THREAD!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-19 22:33:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by audreyxu at 2006-10-19 19:07
i voted no, if someone suffered insomnia, i think more sports/exercises like skating, jogging will work better.

I agree that more physical exercises would help. :)

It would also be helpful if the causes for insomnia can be identified. Beside poor sleeping habits, medical conditions, illness, depression, anxiety, stress, poor sleeping environment, caffeine, abuse, alcoholism, heavy smoking, physical discomfort, etc....can also be considered as some of the contributing factors.

For example, if depression is diagnosed, then proper treatments should be followed including medication, therapies life style restructuring etc... adding more physical exercises in the case of depression, anxiety disorders, stress mismanagement can do little to improve and/or control the sleep disorder.

---my two cents (are free)---

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-19 22:48:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by diogenes at 2006-10-19 22:10
Late night reading and posting on CD doesn't help me sleep.  Instead, it leads me to surf around for interesting ideas, and I stay awake a lot longer.

A better way for me is to read a serious, b ...

Yes, I share your view.

Sex is an athletic activity which requires stamina, a strong heart, and lots of motor coordination activities (excluding quickie, and "lazy" sex).

In my view, preferablely, the activity should last at least 45 minutes to an hour. Both party should be fairly active in the process.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-20 01:28:08 |Display all floors
Well, I think the scores might help someone .... Anyone living just south of Malaysia, for example ...
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-20 08:03:36 |Display all floors

to #29

In my experience, it's just the guys who get sleepy after sex. Though sometimes if the boyfriend decides on a nap after the fact, I'll join him, even if I'm not really sleepy.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.