Author: mark069

Invasion of privacy by "friend" ? How to handle it.... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-10-17 10:41:58 |Display all floors
no one is allowed to touch my computers, either lap top or desk top.  Even my wife knows she should use her own and leave mine alone.
One of every 4 people is mentaly  ill. Think of your
3 best friends, if they're okay, it's you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-17 11:42:32 |Display all floors
I dont think it's wise to take yr revenge by doing the same thing to Marcel, it'll do u nothing good but make the 'incident' public, which, i think, is the last thing u like to see...!

Just let yr friends know how badly u feel about the incident, and do what u can to keep similar things from happening again...!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-17 12:02:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cyberspook at 2006-10-17 10:05
it shows thoughtfulness and maturity mark :) brainsnow the ones you would have to watch are female friends, now that computers have invaded every aspect of our lives, personal information will be t ...

Yes, my female friends-----actually they are always curious at other's privacy, and hope to get something to chat, and take it as a kinda treasure to show others,even if they don't mean any harm, but it still can't stop them from spreading it among them:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-17 12:40:40 |Display all floors
why is it that girls are like that ? guys talk about females but we don't talk much about other guy's, I have never been able to figure that one out , just like a guy is a stud if he sleeps with lot's of girls but if a girl sleeps with lot's of guy's she is a s@#t , all sleeping with lot's of girls or guys mean's is that you cannot have a long term relationship and that you are treating these thing's like a game.
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-17 17:54:30 |Display all floors
I wouldn't snoop in someone's pc & I'd expect they wouldn't snoop in mine. I guess they have different standards. I do snoop to see where my son has been online. He's my kid, and still a kid, I'm allowed.

Thinking about different standards... maybe they're just LIKE that... like:

To me, a bedroom is also private. If someone is visiting I will close the door, and I would not expect them to want to go in my bedroom, and I wouldn't show it if I was showing them around. Why? I don't know, I was raised like that, you don't go in someone's bedroom without knocking & asking & they say you can come in. BUT... I know a lot of people just leave that door open, and don't mind touring people around their house through the bedroom, sitting on the bed to talk or look at a book or whatever (if you barely know them).... To me, that's weird. Here in China it seems everyone wants to see each other's apartments, taking little tours, comparing them. I prepared for that & straightened my bedroom when a new person came over. I was right, they asked to look around, and when I said "sure" they went ahead without me.

I wouldn't even open drawers or cabinets, etc if I don't know them well (to look for a pen or get a glass for water, etc).

[ Last edited by freakyqi at 2006-10-17 05:56 PM ]
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-18 16:13:37 |Display all floors

take some measures to prevent that happens again

Originally posted by johnyou at 2006-10-17 11:42
I dont think it's wise to take yr revenge by doing the same thing to Marcel, it'll do u nothing good but make the 'incident' public, which, i think, is the last thing u like to see...!

Just le ...

Mark, I agree with John's view.  It's no need to take any revenge. That would do nothing good to you, even it will make things bad.  There is an idiom revenge can never be over while revenging to the one who hurt  you.
You'd better bear in mind to protect your privacy from now on.  Then you would never suffer from invaded  by others. So just let it go and never give a second thought.
Whatever happens, I am still keeping on hope.

Yours,
Sandy

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-20 19:27:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mark069 at 10-17-2006 03:19
I had a party at my house last Friday and invited quite a few friends over.  At some point during the party my friend Robert asked to borrow my laptop computer to check something online so I gave i ...

yup, just forget about it.  the embarrssement will eventually wear off.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.