Author: northwest

Democracy manipulator, color revolutions and CIA arms [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-10-21 01:34:38 |Display all floors

Reply #27 --- joeching's post...

It is obvious that we will not be able to agree on the ability of the average citizen of China, or the United States, to elect the 'best' candidate in an open, democratic election.

You claim that only a select group of educated people are able to make this decision.  And that future groups will come from those selected previously.  Sounds like the method that European royalty continued their power and authority.  History, particularly Chinese history, shows that no country or system is immune to corruption.  The only correcting factor is to give the people/citizens the ability to remove the current leaders.

I don't a person more educated or more intelligent than me to tell me what I need, or how to improve my life, or even what national policies I should support.  And I don't think citizen in my nation or in China needs that either.  I want the ability to make my own decisions and my own mistakes.  Any attempt to take away the fr**d*m of choice from a specific group of people is simply an attempt to subjugate that group.  It is an attempt to concentrate power and wealth amoung a select group of people who will keep power and wealth within their families.

Although imperfect,  like all systems, I will choose my nation's above others every time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-21 01:46:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by nosferatu at 2006-10-21 01:34
It is obvious that we will not be able to agree on the ability of the average citizen of China, or the United States, to elect the 'best' candidate in an open, democratic election..  ...

Election is a means, not a goal. Strong, prosperous nations free from other's bullying is our goal. "Free and democratic" mid-east is your goal... then you invade Iraq and create more and more blodshed. If this is your way to spread democracy... fine, do it elsewhere, leave us alone.

It is an attempt to concentrate power and wealth amoung a select group of people who will keep power and wealth within their families.

Like Bush and Cheney in Exxon, Halliburton and Enron?

Although imperfect,  like all systems, I will choose my nation's above others every time

That's your business, we don't ask you to follow our path and vice versa... don't preach on us when you don't have the qualifications.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-21 08:12:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 2006-10-21 03:46
That's your business, we don't ask you to follow our path and vice versa... don't preach on us when you don't have the qualifications.  

Northwest, remember it was the policy of the communist revolutionaries to spread communism around the world.
China supported the "communist " government of North Korea after it attacked South Korea.
China has supported communist movements in SE Asia and Maoist rebels.

So in fact China is assisting others to "follow your path", whether they want to or not.

JB
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-21 10:44:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2006-10-21 08:12
Northwest, remember it was the policy of the communist revolutionaries to spread communism around the world.
China supported the "communist " government of North Korea after it attacked South Korea.
China has supported communist movements in SE Asia and Maoist rebels.

So in fact China is assisting others to "follow your path", whether they want to or not.

It's during the cold war era when the western-capitalist camp actively overthrow governments all over the world to pull them into their camp.Korea, Park Chung Hae; Iran, Shah; Indonesia 1958-1965 coup against Soekarno, killing more than 500.000; Vietnam 1950-1973; Haiti, Aristide; Peru 1960-1965 Fort Brag graduate in the jungle etc etc. They spread democary using very un-democratic means and still claims to be world's democracy defender, human rights "champion" when there's blood in their hands.

Cold war happened because of Truman's silly judgement against the Russians. The 2 camps later chose to use violent means to expand their influence, but that's all over now. Just IF was Roosevelt still there, Russians still US' partner after fighting the same enemy in WWII, cold war surely won't happen and the world could be more peaceful without the more suspicious Truman, forcing Russians to react the same.

There's always 2 camps in every country, since the US support the right... so there's the leftist.

So how about today? Don't you think to it's better for the US to do it more democratic way in dealing with others rather than promoting it using violent means. Palestinian won't vote for Hamas if they give room for Fatah, Venezuela won't vote for Chaves if they have fair trade deal with its oil. Promoting "democracy" by sort of violence, that's what you get.

[ Last edited by northwest at 2006-10-21 10:51 AM ]
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-21 10:45:54 |Display all floors

Reply #31 emucentral's post

I like living in Australia!

Its a GREAT COUNTRY!

Agree with you Mr. JOe Ching!

Green DRagon
Yoda
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-21 15:23:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 2006-10-21 12:44
It's during the cold war era when the western-capitalist camp actively overthrow governments all over the world to pull them into their camp.Korea, Park Chung Hae; Iran, Shah; Indonesia 1958-1965 coup against Soekarno, killing more than 500.000; Vietnam 1950-1973; Haiti, Aristide; Peru 1960-1965 Fort Brag graduate in the jungle etc etc. They spread democary using very un-democratic means and still claims to be world's democracy defender, human rights "champion" when there's blood in their hands.

Absolutely right, Northwest. In fact often they (USA) overthrew more democratic regimes to install less democratic governments. The motivations were disgustingly self interested as well, from ensuring a reliably supply of cheap bananas from south America, to removing import taxes on pineapples from Hawaii.

That doesn't justify anyone else behaving as badly.

Originally posted by northwest at 2006-10-21 12:44
So how about today? Don't you think to it's better for the US to do it more democratic way in dealing with others rather than promoting it using violent means.

Absolutely, and the USA seems to be realising their previous errors in foreign policy, for example the previous support of the Taliban when they were fighting against the Russians. The Russians should not have been in Afghanistan, but at least Russia was relatively civilised compared to those primitive fundamentalists who were forcing their beliefs on the people of Afghanistan.

JB
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-21 15:31:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2006-10-20 17:59

A very shallow and inaccurate remark.\

first, i never said i wasnt a racist.  that's better than being a hypocrit, which seems to be more in fashion nowadays.

from a chinese point of view, america was bad enough, but australia was worse. america was seized by the pirates and social rejects from britain, but australia, alcatraz at the end of the world.
both explained why demobcrazy was adopted.

judging by the litany of corruption reported in China Daily. At least we get to judge these politicians at the ballot box every 3 or 4 years.

only to show chinese officials are much worse at hiding their corruptions than the seasoned politicians.  i v personally involved in many corruptions -- it's in chinese's blood.  my motto and advices to the officials is: dont forget also to get the job done.
in fact, i feel the purges are just put ons for the public.  china really should just set up a law on: let's not mix money with power -- once an official found to be rich, resign.

Ahh, thanks for that remark joeching. Now we know that you're behaving like some dirty little racist.

let me repeat then: one way democracy may work in the long run.  that is global democracy.  then all the whites would have to be put in jail or made into slaves for the blacks or janitors for many of the asian war memorials.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.