Author: whitney16

Show these,,,,,,,,, [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-10-14 11:02:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by shelleybelly at 2006-10-14 10:34
I love real soldier

:) I admire them,,,,,,,
We love our home,though our feet can leave it,yet our hearts can't.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-14 11:21:02 |Display all floors

Peace on earth

I hope there'll be no soldiers in this world in the future. That'll be a peaceful world. No need to have soldiers for defence.

Soldier is one thing. Soldiers + tanks makes a scene that makes me feel a bit unease. If I see this scene, I won't have a sense of patriotism because I would ask why this world still needs tanks. We're still living in a hostility situation?
Vision without action is illusion---Y.J.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-14 19:25:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by amyamy at 2006-10-14 11:21
I hope there'll be no soldiers in this world in the future. That'll be a peaceful world. No need to have soldiers for defence.

Soldier is one thing. Soldiers + tanks makes a scene that makes me  ...

:) I know what you mean, i'm also the one who doesn't like war, i love peace,,,, But i just want to show some artificial works, i don't mean others,,,

Pray for the peaceful  world
We love our home,though our feet can leave it,yet our hearts can't.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-15 02:48:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by amyamy at 2006-10-14 11:21

Soldier is one thing. Soldiers + tanks makes a scene that makes me  ...

Speaking of uneasiness, do you know how many nuclear missiles are aiming at any city which has a population of 100 thousans and more people? If you know , please share with us.

My understanding is that those countries (having the nuclear bombs) were supposed to reduce their nuclear arsenals slowly and gradually to an acceptable number i.e. START I, START II, SORT(acceptable number?) How are we doing in that reagrd?

I am going to post an excerpt from the following site:  http://www.atomicarchive.com/Treaties/Treaty17.shtml

Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (1991)
Summary

Bilateral agreement between the U.S. and U.S.S.R., which if ratified, would set a ceiling of 1,600 strategic nuclear delivery vehicles and 6,000 "accountable" warheads for each country. START cuts U.S. long-range nuclear warheads by 15%, Soviet by 25%. Both sides are permitted to continue modernization plans, and the number of nuclear warheads carried on some categories of strategic weapons is projected to actually increase by the late 1990s under the treaty.

Shortly after the signing of this treaty, the U.S.S.R. dissolved. The four former republics, Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine, that possessed nuclear weapons, have endorsed the treaty by signing the START I Protocol. As a result of Ukraine's joining the NPT, this treaty went into effect in December 1994. At the end of 2001, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine no longer had any strategic nuclear forces.

6000 accountable warheads for each country? How many nuclear bombs are we talking worldwide? like 20,000 or 30,000 nuclear bombs (maybe more) aiming at each other???? We human must be mad!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-15 07:50:20 |Display all floors
yep we are, and the sad thing is it is going to get worse, now that the frootloop in n korea is playing with them
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-15 08:29:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thunderbird at 2006-10-15 02:48

Speaking of uneasiness, do you know how many nuclear missiles are aiming at any city which has a population of 100 thousans and more people? If you know , please share with us.

My understand ...

Missiles are aiming at other countries. Tanks can be aimed at citizen of the country....on the square to clear the dis idents. ...your own people .

I know Whitney just wants to show a picture that's rare to be seen. no intention to stir uneasiness.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-22 20:07:56 |Display all floors

share these

webcam photos--today Sunday in Europe
berguen22oct.jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.